Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free
  Re: (...)
for anyone interested in gluten free, this recipe was in the Parade magazine (Sunday's paper) and since I had the ingredients, thought why not??

[Image: PeanutButterCookiesGlutenFreeDec9.jpg]

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup crushed peanuts (since I use chunky p.butter, didn't add anymore)

Oven to 325° Mix all together; form intosmall balls and place on parchment-lined b. sheet. Flatten each and make the criss-cross pattern with fork tines. Sprinkle with peanuts.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let rest on b. sheet for couple minutes then removed to a wire rack.

----

These are almost like eating peanut butter candy without flour in the mix. Very good!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by cjs (for anyone intereste...)
They look really good!
I remember years ago buying flourless peanut butter cookies at the health food store. They had a wonderful crispy texture, very light, but very sweet, and really tasty.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by luvnit (They look really goo...)
Yes, that's how these are.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by cjs (Yes, that's how thes...)
I've made an almost identical recipe to this one Jean. If you read the reviews a lot of people are adding a little bit of salt and a little bit of flour. It's been so long since I've made them that I can't remember if I added those two ingredients but I do remember the cookies being delicious. You'll notice this recipe says it makes 70 cookies. I think it was more like 16-18. I'm going to have do make these again. Thanks for bringing this up!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ies-100848
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by Trixxee (I've made an almost ...)
I agree - salt was needed!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by cjs (I agree - salt was n...)
Salt! Yes. I tasted that in my head when you said it.

Yes, salty-sweet. Perfect.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by luvnit (Salt! Yes. I tasted ...)
Kind of reminds me of the Gluten Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies I posted a year ago. If these are anywhere near as good as those (and they do sound like it), I'm sure they're wonderful.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free by labradors (Kind of reminds me o...)
I may be drug into the Gluetn-free thing after all...
www.achefsjourney.com