What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally I've caught up with my leftovers and can start out fresh. So, don't know what I'll thaw out. I also have two new cookbooks, one that I picked up at a winery the other day and has some very good looking dishes.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Roast beef something
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Roast beef something...)
Tony is making navy bean and ham soup with the honey baked ham bone. Should be good.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by Trixxee (Tony is making navy ...)
ham and bean soup - haven't made it yet this year. Maybe I can find a ham hock to use. Don't have a ham bone with me.
Thanks for bring this up, Trixxee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by cjs (ham and bean soup - ...)
I think it is going to be Chicken with sautéed apples and pears and mashed potatoes.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by esgunn (I think it is going ...)
I haven't decided. Soup sounds so good, but it is definitely too warm here. Off to find inspiration.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't decided. ...)
Well didn't make it to the parade last night because of the bee keepers, so tonight will be the fried chicken, collard greens and corn bread. I am so looking forward to the greens
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by cjs (ham and bean soup - ...)
Quote:

ham and bean soup - haven't made it yet this year. Maybe I can find a ham hock to use. Don't have a ham bone with me.
Thanks for bring this up, Trixxee.

You are welcome!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Definitely feeling better, but not enough to roam about much. Ordered some chicken skewers for delivery from Pizza Hut (had to use their website's photo since mine turned out too dark):

[Image: pinchosdepollo.png]

It's hard to tell from the scale of the photo, but each one of those is a 10" bamboo skewer with six nice chunks of chicken and alternating chunks of tomato, green bell pepper and red onion. That order of six, costs $7.84. When I get them like this, I usually make a meal out of two at a time. Thus, three meals from the order or $2.61 per meal. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/9/12?? by labradors (Definitely feeling b...)
Those look tasty Labs, what kind of sauce is that?

Tonight, despite the rain, I'm going to grill.
Coconut marinated chicken kebobs with Pineapple rice