What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're just going to have to have dinner for breakfast again...we went to Roy's daughter's for dinner last night, so my Chicken Wellington's had to be put on hold. But have to make them today!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chicken Wellington? That sounds very interesting! Pictures, please.

Beef Wellington with Bearnaise sauce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by BarbaraS (Chicken Wellington? ...)
I don't know. I had planned to go to the city, but I woke up to a drizzly foggy day and a MAJOR headache.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know. I had...)
Today is the first night of Channukah----soooo---I'm doing a prime rib roast (we went into a market the other day, one that was taken over by Walley-world, and the first ime in TWENTY YEARS that we have seen a REAL prime roast!!!) Perfect for tonight---with Yorkshire pudding, latkes and green beans.....

HAPPY CHANNUKAH to all of my Jewish friends out there---and to the non-Jewish friends that may be interested.

The Mennorah will be lit this evening---I always enjoy Peter's prayer over the candles---sooooo romantic sort of
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Today is the first n...)
Happy Channukah to you and Peter, Roxanne and all our other Jewish friends!!! Happy Holiday. (and your dinner sounds wonderful!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by cjs (Happy Channukah to y...)
Happy Channukah, you guys! Your dinner sounds divine!

I'm crazy! I forgot that we were invited next door for Shrimp Creole. Now I can't figure out what to take over?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Channukah, you...)
I think I'm going to make the greek chicken cutlets with tomatoes and olives from Cuisine Tonight For Two Restaurant Style Meals at Home. Wow, that's some book title! Probably a little pasta or garlic bread to go with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Channukah, you...)
Not sure yet,may be going to a truckers parade where they decorate their rigs. If we opt not to go it'll be fried chicken (here we go again and maybe someday I'll get it right), collard greens and corn bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by DFen911 (Not sure yet,may be ...)
Happy Channukah, Roxanne! Hope you have a wonderful dinner tonight. It sure sounds good!

Ron left for Pa. last night with his dad, for another day of hunting, so I'm on my own. The girls invited me to go out with them for dinner tonight and then downtown to see the Christmas lights.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/8/12?? by Mare749 (Happy Channukah, Rox...)
Oops - I forgot to say Happy Channukuh, Roxanne!