Really O.T. - Recipe Test??
  Re: (...)
darn, I think I'm going to be starting another cookbook...dumb, dumb, I know. But, it just needs to be. Here's the first recipe. I'm thinking it will be a compilation of recipes - not necessarily original. Just matching up dishes to complete a meal and with wine suggestions. I've always been a little hesitant to recommend wines (in cookbooks) with dishes, but some dishes and wines just really do call out for each other.

so, to start things out, here is page 1 - it's easy, fast and really very healty. I would love it if some would try and give critiques. I did not use a pork tenderloin for this first time, I had a 26 oz. pork roast from a loin that I sliced into three 'slabs' and that's what I used.

I don't usually add corn and peas to slaw, but being in the trailer and veggie challenged, I thought we should have some and was very surprised at how good it all was together. So, I'm going with it.

Asian Inspired Pork Tenderloin and Coleslaw
Cusine @ Home recipe inspired the marinade for this pork.

[Image: AsianPorkTenderloinDec512.jpg]

1 pork tenderloin (11/2 lb.)
Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 T. packed dark brown sugar
2 T. purchased barbecue sauce
1 T.. sesame oil
1 T.. minced fresh ginger
1 T. mirin
1/2 T. chili garlic sauce

Trim the tenderloin of any silver skin, but leave any fat for flavor; there won’t be much. Cut the tenderloin in half and lay in a small plate or pan with a lip; set aside.

Whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour over the pork. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours turning them after 1/2 hour. When ready to cook the tenderloin, heat grill over medium heat and lay the pieces of tenderloin on the grill. Grill and turn every 4 to 5 minutes until pork reaches 145°F internal temperature.

While pork is marinating, prepare the coleslaw:

Slaw dressing:
1 T. lime juice
1 T. mirin
1 T. oil
1/2 tsp. soy sauce
Salt & pepper to taste

Whisk together the slaw dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.

In a medium size bowl toss together:
Napa cabbage (4 to 5 leaves makes an nice amount for 2 servings) thinly sliced
2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

To finish dinner:
While the tenderloin is grilling, toss the slaw with the dressing and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Slice the pork and serve.
[Image: AsianProkTenderloinwMirinColeSlawDec512.jpg]

Suggested wine: dry White Riesling
Preferred wine: Harbinger’s White Riesling, Off-Dry

And, do you think Roy Richard liked it?????????????????
[Image: RoyenjoyingAsianInspiredDinnerDes512.jpg]

[Image: RoyenjoyingAsianInspireddinner.jpg]

the off dry riesling was just wonderful with this dinner!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by cjs (Damn, I think I'm go...)
That looks like a really delicious and light meal, Jean. I'll be glad to try it, but may have to bake it in the oven if it's too cold to grill. Can't wait to try the coleslaw.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by Mare749 (That looks like a re...)
Thanks Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by cjs (Thanks Maryann!...)
I think peas and corn in a slaw is a great idea!
  Re: Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by Trixxee (I think peas and cor...)
That looks wonderful. i think it could be easily done on top of the stove on a grill pan as tenderloins are not that big. Love quick and easy. The slaw is genius, love corn and peas for winter, though I'll sub Thai basil if I still have any, for the cilantro. I am still in Boston, but will try it when I get home.

I am looking forward to cooking at home again and specially starting on cookies. Though it will be hard to get back to my normal kitchen, after cooking in DD's state of the art kitchen, with the huge Viking professional stove, Miele microwave convection oven and Miele steaming oven, sub zero fridge and wine fridge. Don't know how I ever managed before!!!!!lol.

Love to be a guinea pig.
  Re: Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by Cubangirl (That looks wonderful...)
Copied and printed....I will definitely try this when pork night-----soon, very soon!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by Roxanne 21 (Copied and printed.....)
Thanks everyone - I'll look forward to the critiques.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Really O.T. - Recipe Test?? by cjs (Thanks everyone - I'...)
I'm in! This weekend should be a good time to try it here!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.