What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1???
  Re: (...)
Happy December, everyone!! What's on the menu for today?

Have no idea here, maybe will get inspiration from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by cjs (Happy December, ever...)
Just leftover turkey dinner---AGAIN!!! Will add a fresh salad and maybe a baked sweet potato. Peter could eat turkey 365 days a year...
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by Roxanne 21 (Just leftover turkey...)
We're having a favorite tonight, Tarragon cream chicken with asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by losblanos1 (We're having a favor...)
BBQ-Glazed Meatloaf, some form of potatoes and ASPARAGUS.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by Trixxee (BBQ-Glazed Meatloaf,...)
I'm doing a baked ziti dish. I have two and have made one repeatedly with so so results thinking it was the one I loved. Tonight I'm making the other one. I'm hoping this is the one I was excited about when I first made it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing a baked zi...)
Baked rockfish, no clue about this fish, BBQ'ing it once but didn't eat it. Making another loaf of bread this time with herbs and garlic and broccoli.

Suppose to get another inch or more of rain tonight. I think a warm gooey casserole will be on the menu for tomorrow
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by DFen911 (Baked rockfish, no c...)
Oh, Denise! Rockfish is William's favorite! How'd you like it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Denise! Rockfis...)
Lol will never eat it again

I thought I liked fish. Turns out not so much. It's probably because I never had fish as a kid. Mom hated it! Dad would go deep sea fishing but wasn't allowed to bring the fish in the house. I never fished as a kid either. And when he did cook the fish it was put into a smoker or he grilled it when mom and us kids weren't home.

Derek ate it all, I took one bite and gagged I feel so cheated. I like bass when we go to a restaurant or halibut (when it doesn't cost an arm and a leg).

*sigh*
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by DFen911 (Lol will never eat i...)
Denise, there is only one way I will never eat fish and that's if it is baked in a 'poaching' way. Never!

If it is coated with something and roasted in the oven, that's different and one of my favorite ways for fish. Nice crispy on the outside and buttery smooth inside. Yum. I hope you'll let me fix you fish just one time and then I'll leave you alone to your other protein.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 12/1??? by cjs (Denise, there is onl...)
Oh Denise, I totally know what you are going through. I grew up with absolutely NO FISH on our menu/diet...not even canned. I was introduced to shrimp when I was about 12 when visiting friends who lived closer to the ocean. I was extremely sick for a few days and never contemplated a fishy type thing again. THEN...went to Cape Cod when about 24 and was seduced into fried scallops. I ordered a scallop dinner every time I went out following that. Still remained queezy about other fish though until about age 45-6. I then started to experiment a bit with fresh fish from the market and simple recipes....mild tasting fish, that is. It was a very gradual progression but I think if you try some meuniere or those fish tacos posted here you may find that there is some out there that you like. Halibut, cod, tilapia--I think those are your more mild ones. I now serve fresh tuna and Norwegian salmon occasionally---good for omega 3s...or so they say.

I betcha Jean will make you a fish lover ... I (we) don't care for the poached or steamed method too much, either.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy