Mini CupCakes for Holidays
  Re: (...)
I am looking for some recipes for Cupcakes - Want to make several types for our Christmas desserts Do you have any you want to share?
I was thinking of a Egg Nog one or a Chocolate Mint one
I just bought a new toy - to help me decorate - which is not my bag. !

Thanks
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by mjkcooking (I am looking for som...)
Marye, hang on for Blane - he has posted a couple of pictures of muffins he's made that will have you drooling. Others probably can help also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by cjs (Marye, hang on for B...)
Joanne Chang's chocolate cupcakes with Crispy Magic Frosting from the Flour Cookbook get my vote. They are very moist and chocolatey and the frosting is not overly sweet. I'd be happy to post the recipe if you'd like them

However, my favorite minis of all time are these:

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

DOUGHNUT MUFFINS***** Servings: 20 Yield: 60 mini muffins,12 large

These are excellent. Easy to make and they keep well. The cinnamon filling was unnecessary, but would be good with other fillings and no topping.
Make the batter the night before. It will keep, covered and chilled, for up to three days in the refrigerator. Better as mini-muffins. This is the halved version. Original called for whole milk, cream and 1% subbed in this recipe.

Oven Temperature: 350°F

Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 1 hour

FOR THE MUFFINS:
6 oz unsalted butter (12 TBS.) warmed to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar (14 TBS)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. Fiori di Sicilia
13½ oz all-purpose flour (3 cups)
2½ tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
7/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
11 TBS. 1% milk
2½ tsps. heavy cream
2 TBS. buttermilk
OPTIONAL FILLING;
3 TBS. Splenda
1 TBS. flour
1 TBS. melted butter
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. water
FOR DIPPING:
1/4 lb unsalted butter (8 TBS.)
1 cup Splenda
1 TBS. ground cinnamon

MAKE THE MUFFINS:

Put a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffins tins, you'll need 5, or a standard-size muffin tin or line with paper liners.

In a stand mixer or a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just mixed in. Add vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Combine the milk and buttermilk. With a wooden spoon, mix a quarter of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Then mix in a third of the milk mixture. Continue mixing in the remaining dry and wet ingredients alternately, ending with the dry. Mix until well combined and smooth, but don't overmix.

Use a small disher (#70) and fill mini muffin cups full. Scoop enough batter into each tin so that the top of the batter is even with the rim of the cup, about ½ cup, #16 disher, for the regular muffins. Bake the muffins until firm to the touch, 30 (minis) to 35 minutes.

OPTIONAL FILLING:

Put half the batter in the pan, add some filling and top with remaining batter. Use about ¼ tsp. for mini muffins.

FINISH:

Melt the butter, then combine with the sugar and cinnamon. When the muffins are just cool enough to handle, remove them from the tin, dip them into the mixture. They can also be brushed all over with the melted butter, and then rolled in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Breakfast and Brunch Foods, Desserts, Fine Cooking, Make-Ahead, Muffins

Source: Fine Cooking 2/2010, 42 pages 54-55
Web Page: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/dough...ffins.aspx

Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by Cubangirl (Joanne Chang's choco...)
[Image: Almondjoycupcake.jpg]

[Image: Carrotcupcake1.jpg]

[Image: Pumpkincaramelbars_zps0659dfa4.jpg]

[Image: PearBlackberryBuckle.jpg]

[Image: Poundcake_zpsf950cfc6.jpg]

[Image: BlueberrySwirlCheesecake.jpg]
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by Cubangirl (Joanne Chang's choco...)
Somebody make a Hostess cupcake. In memory of history, not in memory of the best cupcake.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by Old Bay (Somebody make a Host...)
Cubagirl - Thank you for the recipe and I would agree with you on the Doughnut muffins - they are the best.
I would love to see the chocolate recipe also

Blane - you are killing me ! they look wonderful
you have made all of those?

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by losblanos1 ([img]http://i1142.ph...)
www.restlesschipotle.com/.../50-best-cupcake-recipes-on-the-internet

I bet you can find something here---

my favorite cupcake is at Cook's Illustrated---It is chocolate with a ganache filling and a creamy/silky frosting....I'm not sure how well they would do in a mini though. I'll be happy to post if anyone is interested
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by Roxanne 21 ([url=http://www.rest...)
of course we are, Roxanne - always ready for a new one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by cjs (of course we are, Ro...)
Gorgeous, Blane! One looks better than the next.
  Re: Re: Mini CupCakes for Holidays by Trixxee (Gorgeous, Blane! On...)
I agree with Jean, Roxanne! That sounds like a good combination to me! I'd like to see it, myself!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.