What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012?
  Re: (...)
I am torn between homemade pizza (a little work), homemade Pioneer woman Enchiladas (frozen - no work).

I am leaning toward NO WORk.

What is everyone else up to?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by luvnit (I am torn between ho...)
This will be a cooking day for me - we'll be travelin the next couple days in a row, so want some done ahead goodies.

Roy is going out to look for a small freezer for the trailer. I thought I'd be "cutting a fat hog," as my mother used to say (or something like that ) by loading a cooler up with frozen meat so as not to have to buy it on the road, but. Dry ice is too expensive, so we're thinking since we have a little perfect spot, we'd look for one.

Also, doing lots of reading on the road. I'm almost done with Penny Marshall's book (Kindle) and good Lord, she has had a rough and tumble life (thru her own doing). But it's interesting to read about some of my favorites who come into her life.

Also, Maryann mentioned a long time ago about all the unknown authors she was finding for her kindle. I can't agree more - I'm finding lots of great books!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by luvnit (I am torn between ho...)
Airplane food, we're going home today. I hope it's better than this quiche we had on the way down.

[Image: Quiche.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by losblanos1 (Airplane food, we're...)
Good luck with the airplane food, Blane!

We're having an old favorite - Pasta with Sausage, Olives, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Cream. I've got a cold and am craving comfort food!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by karyn (Good luck with the a...)
I'm glad to see they were generous with the fruit Blane. LOL.

We're having that spicy garlic lemon glazed chicken I bumped up yesterday. Still working on a 99 cent ten pound bag of potatoes so maybe a baked potato. Not sure what kind of vegetable - will head to the store in a bit.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by Trixxee (I'm glad to see they...)
Honey glazed salmon filets, baked potato and brown butter green beans......chocolate towers for dessert----I will have to share my recipe for this but it is not for the faint hearted----WHAT A MISSION!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by Roxanne 21 (Honey glazed salmon ...)
Blane that looks better than any airplane food I have ever had... Must be First Class!
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by luvnit (Blane that looks bet...)
Quote:

Blane that looks better than any airplane food I have ever had... Must be First Class!

That's what I was thinking Laura!

Today is going to be a turkey soup - it's got both roasted and smoked carcasses in it so I'm thinking of a Mexican slant. We'll have soup while putting up Christmas decorations down at the Pro Shop/Restaurant, and watching Monday night football.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That sounds like a blast Sharon! I bet it will be a good time.
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 11/26/2012? by luvnit (That sounds like a b...)
Since we had Thanksgiving yesterday, it's my turn for leftovers! Good thing! Having a late Thanksgiving has a drawback.....you don't have the weekend to rest up before going back to work. We need to look at this plan again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.