Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty
  Re: (...)
Has anyone here ever had to have their Le Creuset cookware replaced? I know they have a lifetime warranty.

It seems like my 7 qt French oven has the enamel in the bottom of the pot completely worn down to the cast iron. Is this normal. Now everything sticks.

I sent an email message a while ago, now I just called and left a message.

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by luvnit (Has anyone here ever...)
I haven't done it with Le Creuset, but I have with Calphalon. I'm pretty sure I did it through the customer service link on their website. They sent me a return form, but I'm pretty sure I had to pay postage. I did get a pretty, brand-new pan for the price of shipping, so I'd definitely do it again if I had a pan that wasn't what is was supposed to be.
  Re: Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by karyn (I haven't done it wi...)
I've never had to return any cookware, thank heavens, so can't help. Did have to return a Kitchen Aid a number of years ago and the replacement was here almost before we could get the old one sent back. Hope you have the same luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by cjs (I've never had to re...)
I was in the store one day and saw someone return a pot....they took it back with no questions....
  Re: Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by jayneCA (I was in the store o...)
I have 3 pieces of LC, but have not had this happen, at least not yet. So, I will be very interested to hear what they do about it.

Depending on where you purchased it, the store might even ***** it back for you. Williams-Sonoma did that for me when my KitchenAid pasta roller broke.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by Mare749 (I have 3 pieces of L...)
Did you still have the receipt? I know that I don't after all these years. But my hubby did buy it at William-Sonoma.
Laura
  Re: Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by luvnit (Did you still have t...)
Yes, I did happen to have it for the pasta roller. But, I don't have receipts for any of my LC, as they were purchased with contest money when I worked full-time. It wouldn't hurt to stop in W-S and ask them for advice on how to handle it, as they seem to go the extra mile to resolve any problems you might have with products that they carry.

They told me that they don't have to ***** products back very often because the sales reps stop in often enough and will take returns with them sometimes. I believe that LC might have a lifetime warranty, so it's worth looking into.
Maryann

Re: Re: Le Creuset - Replacement Warranty by Mare749 (Yes, I did happen to...)
UPS just stopped by and brought me a shiny new 7 1/4 qt French Oven! I am over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was so easy, just cost me $15.35 to ***** the old one to them Nice!
Laura
  Re: Just got a Shiny Le Creuset Replacement by luvnit (UPS just stopped by ...)
Wow Laura, that is fantastic!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Just got a Shiny Le Creuset Replacement by BarbaraS (Wow Laura, that is f...)
Good news, Laura, and nice to know they took care of you.
Maryann