New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding?
  Re: (...)
Another new product...

Found on Amazon Pumpkin Pudding
[Image: 41nBA95P3BL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-3,TopR..._SH20_.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by luvnit (Another new product....)
I saw that at the store this week, but didn't buy it as we are not real fond of instant pudding. Please let us know if you think it's good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by Mare749 (I saw that at the st...)
I am so far behind on new products - Roy does 98% of the shopping now and I'm so out of the loop. Must take a sashay thru the aisles one of these days....maybe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by cjs (I am so far behind o...)
I detest instant puddings. Let us know what you think....maybe doctored up it would be good?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by Gourmet_Mom (I detest instant pud...)
You could probably make your own simply enough by starting with basic the recipe for pumpkin-pie filling. That filling is, after all, a custard and what America calls "pudding" (especially from a boxed mix) is also really a custard.

There would be a few differences. For one, you would be cooking it on the stove, instead of baking a pie in the oven Also, the consistency of fresh or canned pumpkin would probably be grainier, so you may need to purée it very well, first (for a fresh pumpkin, it may even be a good idea to bake it, as you would butternut squash, to soften it). Finally, "pudding"is often thickened with cornstarch (and that's what's in the boxed mix, too), so that would probably be a good adjustment for turning the pie-filling recipe into the kind of smooth custard you could call a "pudding."

One other difference, of course, would be that you wouldn't be using any artificial flavours, colours, etc.

This does sound interesting. I think I'll try this approach, myself and see how it turns out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by luvnit (Another new product....)
I saw it in Safeway the other day. I really only like the jello pistachio pudding (do not judge me - I have not indulged in close to 30 years) so I wasn't terribly tempted. I think it's probably mostly artificial stuff (yeah, I know - like pistachio is all natural ).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by labradors (You could probably m...)
We are trying to find something other than chocolate or vanilla----GEESH!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by Roxanne 21 (We are trying to fin...)
I've made pumpkin 'pudding' - just omit the crust and bake your pudding.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Product - Pumpkin flavored pudding? by cjs (I've made pumpkin 'p...)
My son would probably love it.

Sharon - I love the pistachio pudding too (especially in a Guadalupe River Pie).