What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner?

Didn't find an heirloom, but we're having BLTs (BBTs if I can find some good basil) with our new batch of bacon. I'm making 'buns' out of a 9 oz. pizza dough round, maybe three (each ~3 oz.)?

And, today is granddaughter Amanda's birthday!! THAT'S ALL, FOLKS! for November - until Lorraine's b'day on the 11th. Whew.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by cjs (What's for dinner?[b...)
I just loved that pesto parmesan panko tilapia I made last night so I'm doing that again. For something so simple it sure was good. I probably would have paid $20 for a meal like that at our favorite seafood restaurant.

I have leftover orzo & vegetable pilaf as the side.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by Trixxee (I just loved that pe...)
You've had quite the birthday marathon, Jean!

We're having tortilla soup for dinner tonight. I'm in the mood for warm, easy, comfort food.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by karyn (You've had quite the...)
Family night tonight, so we will be having Cordon Bleu Stuffed Chicken from Weeknight Menus, oven roasted veggies, and mashed potatoes.

ETA: Sorry Jean, I got distracted. Happy Birthday Amanda!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by karyn (You've had quite the...)
Wow Jean - another happy birthday.

We're having Spaghetti with a meat sauce tonight. I'm going to try to get it done early. The "boys" will love it. I think a salad and garlic bread will be the sides.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by Harborwitch (Wow Jean - another h...)
Jean, be sure to wish Amanda a Happy Birthday from me! She's one blessed young lady!

When I was getting groceries yesterday, my butcher told me ribs were going on sale Wednesday and offered to mark me some down early. He knows how much i love them! Having a good butcher like that really helps! So ribs and corn on the cob are on the menu tonight. Not sure about the other side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, be sure to wis...)
I have had such a hankering for ribs, I can hardly stand it. Roy's German ribs and all that German 'stuff' sure didn't do it for me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by cjs (I have had such a ha...)
Happy Birthday Amanda!

We're having a small B'day dinner for my oldest (step)daughter, so I'm cooking one of her favorites- Chicken cutlets w/ almond butter sauce, julienned carrots and buttermilk mashed potatoes, for her B'day cake I bought a "Tiramisu bar cake" at the bakery (no time for me to bake one).

[Image: Tiramisu.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by losblanos1 (Happy Birthday Amand...)
Oh, Jean! i know what you mean! i have to have me some traditional sticky, messy ribs at least once a month or two! william is not a huge fan, but he's a sport about it! i always try to follow with one of his favorites to be fair.

Blane, I'd eat that! I mean the whole thing! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean! i know wh...)
Oh god - tiramisu is one my family's favorite desserts. Even picky Michael will eat it. I usually buy a couple of frozen ones from Trader Joe's around the holidays. I just love tiramisu!