What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Roy is having the first of his 3 B'day 'frozen dinners' and I'm having a grilled cheese sandwich (with AMERICAN/VELVEETA cheese.... )

Oh, and today is granddaughter Jen's birthday...whew and we ain't done yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Happy birthday Jen!

After looking at the pizza pictures you and Daphne posted yesterday I think I am going to play with . . . PIZZA. I have some leftover pork that is ready to become carnitas. Now I am considering the rest of the toppings - and want to play with a crust using some of my stoneground corn meal.

I also need to bake off the last batch of the custard rich rolls so we can make some more of those sandwiches.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by Harborwitch (Happy birthday Jen![...)
From Cuisine Lite I'm making the parmesan and pesto crusted halibut though I'm using tilapia and the orzo with tomatoes and zucchini it is paired with.
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by Trixxee (From Cuisine Lite I'...)
I'm trying the Creole Rock Shrimp with Bacon from the latest issue, but I couldn't find rock shrimp, so we're just using the fresh shrimp that I could find at the store.
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by karyn (I'm trying the Creol...)
A couple of weeks ago I made a steak Diane recipe from Julia Child that was reprinted in Cuisine at Home, issue #49. It was so delicious that I could not stop thinking about it, that's what's for dinner tonight, along with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by losblanos1 (A couple of weeks ag...)
We had Italian and Squash Soup with Olive Bruschetta, from Cuisine's Soups, Stews & Chilies. Great cold weather soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by Mare749 (We had Italian and S...)
Everything sounds so good! Maryann, I need to make that one again. It's one of William's favorites.

I spent some time on Pinterest this weekend and pinned a few things. It came in handy today on the way home. I had a late day and needed something fast and easy. So we're having Smoked Sausage and Potatoes with a side of green beans. It's supposed to be a skillet recipe, but I'm doing it in the oven.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Everything sounds so...)
Jean! I have just eaten the best pizza I think I've ever made. Details and pictures tomorrow! (Okay Bob says the only pizza better was the jalapeno popper mac & cheese pizza!)

Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by Harborwitch (Jean! I have just e...)
good, Sharon - anxious to see.

Daphne, will you explain Pinterest to me (maybe in a p.m.?) - When I pin something doesn't it turn up on my facebook?? I'm not sure what to do with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? by cjs (good, Sharon - anxio...)
Carnitas Pizza with Stoneground Cornmeal Crust

Stoneground cornmeal added an amazing layers of flavor to this! There was a crunch that was perfect, and the cornmeal had such a "corny" taste. Yum.
1/2 Jar of bottled salsa (I didn't have fresh, darn it)cream cheese, cheddar cheese, carnitas, sliced jalapenos and scallions, halved cherry tomatoes, and some parm on top!
[Image: IMG_7508.jpg]

Ready for the burner and then the oven:
[Image: IMG_7509.jpg]

Out of the oven and ready to slice!
[Image: IMG_7511.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7512.jpg]

Served with a drizzle of chipotle tabasco (I wasn't crazy about it, detracted from the flavor of the carnitas!) and a scoop of guacamole! Yum
[Image: IMG_7514-1.jpg]