What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We'll be running around all day, so have no idea. Today the bacon is done brining/curing, so will air dry for a day and tomorrow is the day for smoking it!!!

And, another b'day today, my youngest daughter, Laurie Gail. November is crazy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, Happy Birthday to Laurie Gail, too!

I will probably just have whatever William has left from lunch at the camp....unless a bunch of hunters stop by and gobble it up. I have some school work to do and pizza dough to make for tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Well, Happy Birthday...)
Wanna try a new dough? (for me at least?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by Gourmet_Mom (Well, Happy Birthday...)
Something with minimal prep and cooking time as today is one of my favorite days of the year will be spent relaxing and yelling at the TV.

I'm going to make a salad from the Celebrate the Rain book - mixed greens topped with proscuitto wrapped shrimp with a lemon garlic vinaigrette, and texas toast.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by Trixxee (Something with minim...)
Absolutely no idea here. It's a prep day for us, so won't get home until late.

OT He put Molten Chocolate Mason Jar Cakes on tomorrow's menu. I'm trying out Michael Symon's recipe today (microwaved), wish me luck! They got great reviews.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by Lorraine (Absolutely no idea h...)
Just roasting a couple of game hens.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by BarbaraS (Just roasting a coup...)
Your kitchen will smell good today, Lorraine!!!

Ah, yes, this is Trixxee's day!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by cjs (Your kitchen will sm...)
Thanks, we'll put them out in the Tasting Room, and see how folks like them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by Lorraine (Thanks, we'll put th...)
Please let us know if they get rave reviews, Lorraine. And a pic if you see this in time.

Tonight I will be using leftover chicken to make Chicken Carbonara for the first time ever, I think...Always thought it was too high in calories but since this is a work day for us, why not?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sat. Dinner, 11/3/12 by Lorraine (Thanks, we'll put th...)
I'm taking my bride out to dinner--celebrating 23 years of bliss!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".