What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Today is Roy's birthday and here's his choice for dinner -
Whiskey Glazed Ribs
Spaetzle Käse (finally trying Theresa's recipe, after what, 5 years????????)
Sauerkraut

Chocolate Meringue Pie
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Dinner out at Steak 38! A dozen Blue Point oysters, salad with blue cheese, and a great filet with Royal Topping - demi glace, jumbo lump crap, and asparagus spears.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by BarbaraS (Dinner out at Steak ...)
Happy Birthday to Roy!

Well, we are finally among the living - barely. So tonight I'll do that balsamic/soy glazed chicken, stuffing, and sauteed spinach.
Happy Birthday to Roy!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by BarbaraS (Happy Birthday to Ro...)
Happy B'day Roy!
Tonight it's a new one for us- Pork chops with Blackberry-Zinfandel sauce and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by losblanos1 (Happy B'day Roy![br]...)
Happy Birthday Roy, I hope Jean does the kase spaetzle well enough to do it justice........wink wink. Can't wait to hear how you like it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by chef_Tab (Happy Birthday Roy, ...)
"kase spaetzle"? What's that?

Barbara
Happy Birthday Roy!

Jean that dinner sounds wonderful. Barbara I'm drooling.

We're having leftover roast chicken, Stove Top Stuffing, and green beans. Easy dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by Harborwitch (Happy Birthday Roy![...)
Happy birthday Roy! And you too, Barbara! Dinner for the two birthday babies sound GREAT! As does everyone else's!

We're having a late dinner as usual for Thursdays. Tonight is Beer Brats and corn on the cob. I need easy things for Thursdays since I'm usually pooped. This fit the bill! And it's sooooo good with so little effort.

BTW Jean, I saw your FB post about the pies. How'd they turn out? You should have used mine....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/1/12?? by BarbaraS ("kase spaetzle"? Wh...)
Quote:

"kase spaetzle"? What's that?

Sounds like spätzle (German "noodles") with cheese in them. Interesting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?