Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS
  Re: (...)
O.K., let the reviews for this good sounding issue begin (even tho a lot of us haven't rec'd our copies yet )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by cjs (O.K., let the review...)
Tenderloin Tips with mushroom cream sauce, page 11

This was delicious! It's like beef stroganoff without the dill. I didn't have any pappardelle, so I used fettuccine and it worked fine. The Lemony pasta paired perfectly with the mushroom sauce. My wife and I gave it an 8 but I probably will not make it again only because I prefer a stroganoff.

[Image: Tenderlointips1.jpg]
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by losblanos1 (Tenderloin Tips with...)
Dill? In Beef Stroganoff? Never heard of such an outrage!

Beef Stroganoff has been one of my favourite dishes since I was four or five. I've had it at least 100 times (no exaggeration) and have never had the misfortune of encountering any dill in it.

Must only be for people whose taste buds are deadened by excessive asparagus consumption.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by labradors (Dill? In Beef Strog...)
I've seen a lot of stroganoff calling for garnish of dill over the years. Not my favorite herb, so usually just forget it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by cjs (I've seen a lot of s...)
We love dill in stroganoff! This is the dish I've been making for at least 12 years and yes, there is dill in it. Almost 450 reviews and 90% would make it again.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...off-102134
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by Trixxee (We love dill in stro...)
Our favorite stroganoff recipe is from C@H and it is dolloped with a dilled sour cream. It is a family favorite and it is out standing!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by luvnit (Our favorite strogan...)
I like the idea of no dill. I don't use dill in my stroganoff. When I think of dill in a cream sauce, I think Swedish meatballs....specifically, Sharon's Grandmother Pearl's recipe. Or is that Lorraine?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by Gourmet_Mom (I like the idea of n...)
Hmmmm... Surprising. After 45 years, this is the first I've heard of dill in Stroganoff and none of the historical information about it mentions dill (in fact, it even says that the first, original Stroganoff didn't even use mushrooms). Maybe it's a more recent addition: the mushrooms were added earlier and maybe the dill came well after I had already established the taste of the dish without dill.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by labradors (Hmmmm... Surprising....)
I'm with you Labs, I love stroganoff, but have never had dill on it or seen a recipe that has it. I probably saw that one and just ignored it. My favorite beef one is the original CI recipe that calls for cooking the mushrooms first, then searing the beef and deglazing with wine. Whole dish is done in less than 30 minutes but the sauce is wonderful. I prefer mine over egg noodles. Recently I've seen several chicken stroganoff recipes and will try it one of this days.

I do like dill on some dishes, with cucumbers, with flank steak as a topping mixed with mustard and sour cream.
  Re: Re: Issue #96 Nov/Dec 2012 - REVIEWS by Cubangirl (I'm with you Labs, I...)
Pesto & Cheese Stuffed Shells. We gave it a 10.

[Image: PestoampCheesestuffedShells2.jpg]