What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12??
  Re: (...)
What is everyone having today?

I'm thawing Red snapper, but don't yet know what I'll do wit it. Have some Napa cabbage also. hmmmmm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by cjs (What is everyone hav...)
You could make tacos out of that snapper and cabbage!

We are having another round of leftovers- blueberry braised short ribs, mashed potatoes and asparagus.

While I like the ease of leftovers on a school night, I'll be glad when they're gone.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by Trixxee (You could make tacos...)
Yes, it's a large pkg. so I had planned the tacos for leftovers!! : )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by cjs (Yes, it's a large pk...)
We are going to have "Cobb Salad Muffuletta" from issue #69.

I'm just hoping that my focaccia bread turns out well for this purpose. If not, I have some hard rolls in the freezer to use instead.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by Mare749 (We are going to have...)
Leftover minestrone soup (freezer diving) and a ham sandwich.....NO CHEESE!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Leftover minestrone ...)
Oh my, what a nice (nothing special) comfort dinner this was today!!
[Image: NobuRedSnapperwRstdTatoesBsprouts.jpg]

Red snapper, roasted yukons & brussels sprouts. Just yummy. And, tomorrow fish tacos!!

--------
Roxanne, is it easier for you now with all the stickies (well, almost all ) stickless???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by cjs (Oh my, what a nice (...)
Dang Jean, that really looks good.

Tonight it's Chile Colorado Burritos, using chicken in lieu of beef.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by losblanos1 (Dang Jean, that real...)
The dinner looks good, Jean! And I LOVE the new look with what you've done with the stickies!

I didn't do the Huli Huli Chicken with Lime Honey Glaze Saturday, so that is on for tonight. I'm doing it spatchcock style on the grill. I hope this works and doesn't burn. Green beans are the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by losblanos1 (Dang Jean, that real...)
Jean, your fish looks great! Now that we've left Florida, I'm craving seafood!

One of the best meals we had in Daytona (I know, not a great culinary destination...) was a Blackened Halibut Reuben. It wasn't really a true Reuben because it had slaw instead of sauerkraut, and blackened halibut instead of corned beef or pastrami, but the combination with rye bread and Swiss cheese was really delicious! It's a combination I'm going to play with sometime soon.

We're having patty melts. I love them, and had everything on hand. I really need some time to get organized, but after being out of town and then getting ready for conferences at the end of the week, I'm feeling swamped!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/23/12?? by karyn (Jean, your fish look...)
Sounds like you had a great road trip, Karyn!!

Crap - my heart was set on fish tacos with the leftovers tomorrow and now you come up with a Halibut Reuben??????????????? I have Rye bread, Swiss, a gorgeous red onion. Maybe I'll have enough l/os to do both.

Patty Melts - another one to add to the list, we haven't had for a long time and we love them, too.
www.achefsjourney.com