What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

I'm cleaning the fridge out by making a fritatta - not sure what all will be going in. And, we start breaking up today. D&D will head back to Meatball neighborhood. Sad to see them go - we've all had so much fun.

Sharon & Bob and R & I will go to the winery for a 3rd day in a row tonight for an Octoberfest Sausage dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Holly is hosting family dinner tonight at her house. Not positive, but she was talking about making spaghetti with Italian sausage, garlic bread, and salad. I'm taking the butterscotch brownies that I didn't make the other day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by Mare749 (Holly is hosting fam...)
Breakfast for dinner! Omelets and hash browns and bacon, bacon, bacon!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by Mare749 (Holly is hosting fam...)
We are pureeing the last of the tomato harvest today. Have to clean house, etc. So we can have a Fun Day tomorrow.

I may just make a pot of soup from the turkey carcass I froze from last weekend. That sounds good for today. Homemade noodles and some bread from the bread machine.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by luvnit (We are pureeing the ...)
I'm combining a Maryann and Blane dinner tonight. I'm going to make Ina's Perfect Roasted Chicken, stuffing, and ASPARAGUS.

When I make a roasted chicken I usually remove one of the oven racks to make room for the chicken to stand upright on a beer can stand in the roasting pan so it will get browned all over.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by Trixxee (I'm combining a Mary...)
Don't know yet---I may just run out for MickeyD's---- I have had this craving for a few days---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by Roxanne 21 (Don't know yet---I m...)
I've got Jean's Huli Huli Roasted Chicken with Lime-Honey Glaze on the menu and a side of Garlicky Green Beans and roasted potatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by Roxanne 21 (Don't know yet---I m...)
Quote:

Don't know yet---I may just run out for MickeyD's----Sad I have had this craving for a few days---

Go for it Roxanne! I HAD to have a burger from In-n-Out for yesterday's lunch. Maybe I'll have another one today for lunch.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Not sure yet will probably eat on the way home. Just left Jean and Roy's and what a wonderful visit it was!!! I don't think I have laughed that much in ages

Sharon, Derek wants me to pick up some green tomatoes on the way home for breakfast tomorrow gonna have to do ya proud!

Jean thank you again for hosting us!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/20/12? by DFen911 (Not sure yet will pr...)
glad you made it home safely, Denise!! What a wonderful treat to have you both with us. And, even I am a fried green tomato convert - especially if they are San Marzano Tomatoes!!!!!!!

Sorry, didn't read the time - you aren't home yet - so continue being safe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com