C2C - End of an Era
  Re: (...)
According to C2C - the forum is now offically shut down for good.

Had lots of fun, met so many great people,cried some tears over it, but now it's a thing of the past. RIP old Chef2Chef.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C2C - End of an Era by cjs (According to C2C - t...)
[Plays "Taps"]

Sorry to see that go.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: C2C - End of an Era by cjs (According to C2C - t...)
Great forum Jean--it will RIP--job well done!! -- , for the job and happiness it created!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by Old Bay (Great forum Jean--it...)
How sad. It was such a great place back in the day. I learned so much there. It's there that I got my passion for cooking....and met so many wonderful and interesting characters.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by Gourmet_Mom (How sad. It was suc...)
Why are they shutting it down?

Gosh I so hope that doesn't happen here, not sure what I would do
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by Gourmet_Mom (How sad. It was suc...)
That's sad! A friend of Bob's is the one who turned me on the C2C - for the recipes and I stayed for the forums. He never joined. I met so many of you there - found so much inspiration there, and all the tears and laughs will always be in my memories.

The last few times I checked the forum it was so painful . . . lots of issues.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by Harborwitch (That's sad! A frien...)
It took me while to realize it was not this forum that was closing. I thought the 2 was a typo as I never knew of the other one. Sorry for those of you that participated. A lot of us lost "friends" when the CI forum closed and had withdrawal symptoms. Most of us have reconnected, but there are still a few that are missing. Thanks goodness for Facebook, just found one of my favorite old CI buddies there today.

Hope all of you get to meet in other forums as well. I am so glad this one is not closing.
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by Cubangirl (It took me while to ...)
I've been on other forums--one closed for business reasons, another fell apart because it got too political and personal and needs to close--this one is such an island of compatability--two interests--food & each other--I can only hope the powers that be find some reward and keep us around. I buy my daughter a subscription every year and constantly promote CAH--great magazine!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by Old Bay (I've been on other f...)
Yeah for those on FB that don't have me added look for Denise Red Fennell
  Re: Re: C2C - End of an Era by DFen911 (Yeah for those on FB...)
This just makes me sad - I was hopelessly addicted to that forum at one point when everything was alive and vibrant - so many interesting people that shared ideas and support. I learned so much from it, and like Daphne, developed my passion for food, not to mention met so many of you guys there. And it just broke my heart what it had disintegrated into the last few times I had logged on, I can't imagine how it must have felt for the people who were intimately involved in the process in the beginning - losing something you had nurtured for so long.

I so don't want this to happen to us here! I love the "island of compatibility" concept. I know I am old fashioned, but I can't quite wrap my mind around the Facebook thing, and am quite content with what we have going here, so I really don't ever want this to degenerate like C2C did.

RIP C2C, you contributed a lot to who I am now and what I am doing in my life - who would have thought a simple website could have had such a profound influence. I will be forever grateful for the people that I met through them and the information those people graciously shared. And the fact that a lot of them found a home here!