Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans!
  Re: (...)
Well, my 3-Qt Calphalon saute pan gave up the ghost last night while frying up the leftover macs 'n cheeses. Food was stuck everywhere. And this was a replacement for the commercial non-stick I turned in a few years back. It's only a matter of time for the 2-Qt. And I only use either Caphalon or wood utensils, too!

So I just ordered the 2- and 3-Qt All Clad copper core saute pans for replacement.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by BarbaraS (Well, my 3-Qt Calpha...)
I'm sorry about your pans, but I envy your new purchase! One day, I hope to be able to get some All Clad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry about your...)
You'll love it, Barbara!! (I hope)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by cjs (You'll love it, Barb...)
Well Old Bay loves them and highly recommends them. I knew I was going to replace them. How are they with sticking?

Barbarra
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by BarbaraS (Well Old Bay loves t...)
Congrats! Love getting new pans from time to time.
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by cjs (You'll love it, Barb...)
Over at Stella Culinary, Chef Jacob swears by "Update International." One forum member, there, commented:
Quote:

2, 3, 6 qt sauce pans (with lids)
8, 9, 11" fry pans
3, 5, 7 qt saute pans (with lids)

All stainless steel, heavy bottom. Used the smaller sauce pans last night and heated very nice and even.

With shipping, $220 from Katom.com
I still love my All Clad, but for that price I could have bought a 3qt sauce pan without the lid...

HERE is a thread about another user's experience and opinions.

Based upon those comments, along with a few others I've heard elsewhere, I would certainly go with Update, over All Clad, if I were buying new pans. Also, I would never buy a non-stick pan to use for anything but cooking eggs. They just aren't designed to be used for sautéing, etc. Even eggs don't really need them, if they are cooked properly, but it does help a bit.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by labradors (Over at [url=http://...)
I would go All-Clad again if I were buying. I absolutely love all my pan/skillets!!

Sticking will never be a problem and the most wonderful fond develops in the pans. A quick soaking and everything comes up with a wipe.

And, I think there is a place in the kitchen for non-stick (and I have a couple) skillets. A couple of things I use the non-stick for are caramelizing onions, once in a while a grilled cheese sandwich, can't think of more right now, but they do deserve a place in any kitchen, imo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by cjs (I would go All-Clad ...)
Well, thanks to the New Jersey Lottery - Pick 3 for $410 and Pick 4 boxed for $89 - I think I bought the last saute pans of my life.

Barbara
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by cjs (I would go All-Clad ...)
HMMM---nice input....I have been thinking about replacing some of my pans---now to figure out how I can receive that product here---I'll do a plan---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Bye-Bye Calphalon Saute Pans! by Roxanne 21 (HMMM---nice input......)
I love my SS All Clad short handled DOs. However, I hate the long handles, they cut into my hands.

I have Cuisinart sautè pans. My favorite is the 5 qt. SS with long handle and helper handle. I use it for everything including reducing wines (much faster than saucier. Glass Lid and oven to 550°.

For non-stick in the 3 QT. I have this one . will take metal though I try to use silicone most of the time. I don't have an SS 3 qt. because I have a Le Creuset casserole that will do the job. I got the 3 Qt. non-stick sautè and same kind skillet for DH to use when cooking salmon, etc. Considering he uses then and cleans them most of the time, it is a testament to their durability that they still are like new after 7 years of almost daily use. For me I have 8" and 12" in skillets and they too look like new.

However,the best non-stick sautè pan I've had came from Costco. I think it was Wearever Concentric, but they are called something else now. Heats well and evenly and does not pit with metal utensils. I have it in the 5 qt. which I use way more than 3 qts.

If I was going to spend big bucks I'd buy the Costco hard anodized set 15 piece set. It includes a sautè pan and a whole lot more for $169.00