Secret Santa Time??
  Re: (...)
Monday is October 1 - is it time to start thinking about Secret Santas?

For us, we are leaving mid-November for quite a long trip, so I hope I can be all in line with this project by then. (hee, hee - I can mail from anywhere and no one will know..... )

Barbara, are you up to the task again this year - you do such a great job, but I know it is time consuming for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Secret Santa Time?? by cjs (Monday is October 1 ...)
I would love to, Jean. Let's sign up this year's participants!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? by BarbaraS (I would love to, Jea...)
Me, me ,me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? by Gourmet_Mom (Me, me ,me!...)
Me too, I'm in...duh
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? by cjs (Me too, I'm in...duh...)
Okay, so I think we established some participant rules last year because we thought that if you *just joined* and wanted to participate, you had to establish certain credentials. And that did happen last year and I haven't seen that poster post since.

(I hate to be the rule maker here)

1) You have to CARE. You can't just join and post a couple posts to participate in this shindig. Caring about the posters on this board is key. Like, I search my recipient's posts to see if I can find something to send that s/he is looking for if I have it in my area and they don't. Always a nice surprise. Homemade products are welcome but check to see if your recipient has allergies to foods. Actually, you will ask that from me, I will be anonymous in my inquiries to your recipient.

2) You have to have the post counts, unless you can be vouched for by an established member of this site. Am I being too hard about this? I mean, again last year, there was someone who wanted to participate, but only had < 20 posts and I've never seen this poster again.

(Blane, you qualify if you want to participate, and so does Cheesemonger and such posters, I just can't remember all the sibling's/children's poster IDs)

3) Re-gifting is always acceptable. How you handle it when your recipient divulges their goodies is *your* problem.

4) Your monetary limit is up to you. The NJ Lottery has seen fit to award me just over $400 for a Pick-3 Box and Straight, so I'm going to Farm Stands buying stuff this weekend before they close for the season and the goodies dry up. Yippee!! Just give me the FedEx Boxes to fill and *****!

Does anyone else have any more suggestions? Please? This is a whole group thing so please help.

Barbara<~~~Cares...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? by BarbaraS (Okay, so I think we ...)
I love the first one, for sure! Now what about a deadline to join? I want my name as early as possible to decide on a gift.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? by Gourmet_Mom (I love the first one...)
Blane<~~~Cares...

I'm in!
  Re: Secret Santa Time?? by cjs (Monday is October 1 ...)
Quote:

I can mail from anywhere and no one will know..... )

But what about receiving Jean? How are you going to receive?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Secret Santa Time?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Maryann did a great job last year. And I bet she had the best fun! Thank you so much!!

I keep losing my PC to the Blue Screen of death. It's a matter of time when I can log into this laptop.

Thanks Maryann!!

(Sorry if I spelled your name wrong, I will make it up to you)

Barbara
  Re: And I forgot to add,,, by BarbaraS (Maryann did a great ...)
Thanks Barbara, it was a lot of fun filling in for you last year, but I'm happy you are back to take the reins. And, I completely agree that participants should be well established on the forum. That said, I am going to pass on the secret santa gift exchange this year. Have fun everyone!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."