Women's Weight Loss Salad Mix
  Re: (...)
I have lost 16 lbs so far. I feel pretty good and I really needed to lose about 40 lbs. It's just so hard to diet. When I came home from my vacation I decided to try the salad which is geared for women. Not that men can't eat it, but it's high in iron, calcium, potassium, etc.

I eat a modest breakfast: coffee, 1/2 bagel, 1 serving of fruit.
Then whenever I am hungry, the rest of the day I eat this salad. I eat whatever I want for dinner.

Women's Weight Loss Salad Mix

Makes 1 Serving

4 green onions
1 whole head of Romaine or 2 hearts
1 green pepper
1 cucumber
9 radishes
3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
3/4 cup non fat yogurt
2 tsp. dried dill
salt, pepper, and balsamic to taste

Chop veggies into very small pieces. Mix dill, cottage cheese and yogurt. Toss all ingredients and enjoy all day!

The entire salad has 439 calories, 7.6 grams of fat, 30 grams of protein, 97% daily calcium and 98% daily iron.
  • Low in cholesterol
  • Very high in calcium
  • Very high in dietary fiber
  • Very high in iron
  • Very high in manganese
  • High in magnesium
  • High in phosphorus
  • Very high in potassium
  • High in riboflavin
  • High in thiamin
  • Very high in vitamin C
  • Very high in Vitamin A
  • High in vitamin B6
  • Very high in Vitamin C

If you change the ingredients, you will change the nutritional balance of this salad. Make your salad in the morning or the night before and toss with cottage cheese and yogurt dressing in the morning. Eat every bit of this salad every day. Go ahead and save some to go with your dinner if you want.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Women's Weight Loss Salad Mix by luvnit (I have lost 16 lbs s...)
good for you Laura - that's fantastic!! This one would not work for me, I have to have diversity or I won't stick with it.

But, I'm so impresseed you found what works for you. The one I work with is each meal is 400 calories (1200 per day) but, that allows me a couple glasses of wine and still be good. This I can handle.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Women's Weight Loss Salad Mix by cjs (good for you Laura -...)
Well done! I'm with Jean, though. I need diversity.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Women's Weight Loss Salad Mix by Gourmet_Mom (Well done! I'm with...)
Congratulations, Laura, on your weight loss! That's fantastic. I think the hardest part is finding what works for you. That salad sounds like it would work on so many levels. First of all, it's probably huge. And knowing that you can have all you want keeps you from feeling deprived.

Thanks for sharing your weight loss journey with us.If you need a bit of variety, try switching out the yogurt and cottage cheese for a couple of hard-cooked eggs, a can of tuna, or 1/2 cup of chickpeas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Women's Weight Loss Salad Mix by Mare749 (Congratulations, Lau...)
GOOD FOR YOU, Laura------that's quite the journey you are on!!! Interesting salad---BUT I don't think I would survive----well, maybe I would but DH would not be able to handle it-----MEAT!!!! and MORE MEAT!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy