REVIEW: Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder
  Re: (...)
This soup is from one of the Weeknight Menu books (the one with the bacon-wrapped cider pork steaks). Another winner!

I pretty much followed the recipe as is, except I used the crispy diced bacon as a garnish rather than incorporating into the soup (I don't like soft bacon). I also used a tall can of corn, drained, in place of the frozen. This was pretty spicy so you may want to cut back on the 2 tablespoons of chipotle. I did not swap out the heavy cream for a less fattening substitute as a I know some people like to do. I do it myself for some things but I think I make about 2-3 chowders per year so when I do it I want the cream - LOL. Very silky texture.

I don't know if was my red potatoes (they had been in pantry for a couple of weeks) but it took longer than the 15 minutes at a simmer for them to soften enough. Served with garlic bread.

Another solid 8+ recipe.
  Re: REVIEW: Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder by Trixxee (This soup is from on...)
It does sound like another winner, Trixee.

When I saw the heading, I thought maybe it was a recipe I have out for this week! But, mine is W.W. not C@H. The first night you make Sesame Noodles with Shrimp and the 2nd night you morph it into Shrimp and corn chowder. How funny.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder by cjs (It does sound like a...)
Thanks for the review, Trixxee. This one is on my to do list.

I don't know if I have ever shared this tip, probably because I figured everybody else has thought of it already, but when I open a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, I usually only use 1 at a time. So, I take the rest and divide it into plastic ice cube trays and freeze. Then, I just take out the cubes and wrap them individually in plastic wrap. and pop them into a freezer container.

I do the same thing with tomato paste, so I always have cubes to drop into soup or stew.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
I'm with you, Maryann, I always freeze those two items also. Your way sounds easier to use later; I just put the whole kaboodle in a freezer bag then cut off the amount I think I need later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chipotle Shrimp and Corn Chowder by cjs (I'm with you, Maryan...)
Jean, that's what I do.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.