REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats
  Re: (...)
Time to catch up on a few new recipes I made last week. Recipe is from Issue 85 (Feb 11). In a few words - these were great! The only things I changed were that I used a grated sweet tango apple instead of a pink lady, I made 8 smaller patties rather than four large and because they were smaller, I couldn't make a 2 inch well in them for the egg to set. I just made over easy eggs in a separate pan and then topped the patties with them.

The mixture seemed really moist (I did squeeze out some of the apple juice from the shredded apple because I was just afraid it was going to be too moist and not hold together). I think that was wise. They still turned out plenty moist. After I gently mixed the ingredients I put the mixture back into the refrigerator for a couple of hours so they'd be a easier to handle. Served with potatoes o'brien.

I'd give these a solid 8+. Blane has also made these and really liked them too.
  Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by Trixxee (Time to catch up on ...)
hmmm, sounds good, Trixxee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by cjs (hmmm, sounds good, T...)
Thanks Trixxee, these sound great!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by Mare749 (Thanks Trixxee, thes...)
You are really brave to take on all of these recipes Trixxie---your reviews sure entice me to go for the challenge !!!! thanks!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by Roxanne 21 (You are really brave...)
Thanks Roxanne! What's really brave is two of the three new recipes last week were on school nights. Not that I'm the one in school but it sure feels like that sometimes.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by Trixxee (Thanks Roxanne! Wha...)
Trixxee, I made this over a year ago, how did you know that I made it? Thanks for the review, this was an 8+.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by losblanos1 (Trixxee, I made this...)
I *think* I posted a picture of Noble Pig's attempt at it on my FB page and you asked if it was a C@H recipe and if yes, said you made it and loved it.

That was all I needed to hear.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by Trixxee (I *think* I posted a...)
Duh! That's right. My mind is losing the battle.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by losblanos1 (Duh! That's right. M...)
Wait a minute - who's turn is it to have the mind?? Linda had it last. Is she hanging on to it???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken-Apple Sausage Boats by cjs (Wait a minute - who'...)
Oh Linda!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.