T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Since I'm batting a thousand with the grilling book, I'm sticking with it tonight, also. Houseboat Don and Hank are coming for dinner. I'm making the Ultimate Chicken Sandwiches and I had planned on the Classic potato salad which is really just our family favorite, but since I have that eggplant, maybe I'll make Maryann's "Cold Eggplant Tower (Torre Fredda Di Melanzane)from "The Silver Spoon" "

Sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
For the first time I am making the chicken and spinach salad wraps from the Sandwiches book but I'm not using a tortilla for the wrap. I'll use toasted french rolls instead.

It's got all kinds of good stuff in it - toasted almonds, goat cheese, bacon, apple jelly, sliced apples, slivered red onions - and of course chicken and spinach.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I hope you like the dish as much as we did, Jean. It's an interesting discovery to me that I like certain "cooked" vegetables at room temp when I've always been one of those people who wants steam coming off the plate.

We're having grilled salmon, risotto with peas (risi bisi) and steamed asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by Mare749 (I hope you like the ...)
We're gonna make a Spinach salad with other greens, toasted pecans, sliced pears, dried cranberries and bleu cheese chunks and add some simple grilled chicken to it.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by DFen911 (We're gonna make a S...)
Nice menus y'all!!!!! I'm doing the Chinese chicken salad that I have been thinking about since Blane did his a few days (???) ago. This is an incredible recipe---the tastes, textures are incredible!!!

I do have to make my own fried noodles---not a problem and soooo fresh!!!

It's been a while and totally worth it!! YUMMMM
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by Roxanne 21 (Nice menus y'all!!!!...)
I agree with Roxanne, great menus everyone. Wow! Time is flying by, I made that Chinese chicken salad on August 24th. It seems like it was a few days ago.
Tonight it's a rare pasta night, Garlic Chicken Alfredo. One of our all time favorites.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by losblanos1 (I agree with Roxanne...)
Well, I've had a change of plans. I'm so hot after being at school - outside - for 45 minutes for various things I'm just not into anything that takes effort right now. 95 freaking degrees - again. Can you tell I'm grumpy?

So Tony is going to Rancho-A-Go-Go-To-Go(bbq) for something. Perhaps pulled pork, maybe beef brisket, and a side or two. I have fresh rolls for the other sandwiches I was going to make.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by Trixxee (Well, I've had a cha...)
I dove in the freezer for fried rice. Not feeling the cooking tonight. I'll continue with my menu tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/21?? by Gourmet_Mom (I dove in the freeze...)
Everyone's dinner menus sound so good.

Jeff brought some marinated chicken thighs and he did the grilling of the chicken and some corn on the cob. I made some of that wonderful couscous with baby garbanzos etc. and some fresh rolls with mozzarella cheese inside. I used some of the whey from the ricotta for the dough and it made a nice dough.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!