Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book
  Re: (...)
This side dish is from the double book - Grilling on one side and Sandwich/Salads on the other side. What a flavorful dish this is and went so so well with the steak.

[Image: TomatoDressingCatH_zpsf4c5b90b.jpg]

[Image: TomatoDressngwNYsteak2_zpse3bd89f5.jpg]

I made 1/2 the recipe and had to sub a few things with what I had on hand:
used regular milk
went with the 2 eggs called for in the full recipe
just had a little bit of Asiago (for the Parm) so used that and the balance of the 2 oz. I used provolone (love that flavor)

I'll sure make this again!! We both loved it. In fact we worked on it and left a lot of our steak....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by cjs (This side dish is fr...)
That looks fantastic Jean!
  Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by cjs (This side dish is fr...)
Yeah, I thought that sounded like a good one, Jean, and your picture makes it look even better. It's on the list for sure.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by Mare749 (Yeah, I thought that...)
YUMMMM!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by Roxanne 21 (YUMMMM!!!!!...)
It's funny, I grew up on canned tomatoes that Mom would toss with toasted bread and that was our side dish lots of nights. I wish she could taste this version.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by cjs (It's funny, I grew u...)
What's on the cover of the Grilling side of the book Jean? I used to LOVE William's grandmother's tomato dish like this and have not been able to replicate it. This looks super good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by Gourmet_Mom (What's on the cover ...)
The Grill side has Florentine Style Strip steak with onion rings, Daphne!

Last night's was just as good!! Cowboy Steak (with a burger patty instead) Sandwich and the Cantaloupe & Avocado salad. Both are repeats!!

Made just as the recipe called for -
[Image: CantandAvacodoSalad_zps3c7d0358.jpg]

Since I used ground beef, I mixed in the chili powder and br. sugar to the meat (1 tsp. each to 1/4 lb. meat) and I also didn't have a poblano, so used a jalapeno instead. This relish is delicious!!
[Image: CowboyBurgerSept20_zps5905cb5e.jpg]

Since I'm on a roll with this book, guess I'll continue adding the dishes from it on this thread.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by cjs (The Grill side has F...)
It looks and sounds great! I have the Grilling book, and a sandwich book, but can't find the recipe. I'll keep looking!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by Lorraine (It looks and sounds ...)
Lorraine, it's the book that has half of it as the grilling book and the other half of the book for the sandwich/salads. Do you have that one?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tomato Dressing Review - Grilling Book by cjs (Lorraine, it's the b...)
Got it, Jean! Thanks! I'll put it on the menu for next week with something. Very likely, I'll make the recipe with it, but possibly with chicken breasts. I had this marked to make anyway.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.