What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I picked up two steaks from Billy's butcher yesterday and now I'm torn between 2 side dishes I saw in the C@H double book (grilling & Sand/Salads) - Tomato dressing and Chipotle-honey swt. potatoes. decisions, decisions.

We're heading out today to my favorite RV spot on the Columbia river in Wodland and we were able to get a pretty good spot last minute, so I'm a happy camper.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's looking like a homemade Chicken Noodle Soup day here. Perhaps some breadmaker bread too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by luvnit (It's looking like a ...)
I didn't get my homemade noodles made yesterday, so decided to make Italian wedding soup instead. So, we will have that tonight and we will share a Turkey, Apple, & Swiss Cheese Sandwich from Cuisine Tonight for Two.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by Mare749 (I didn't get my home...)
Peppers coming in from the garden and there'll be hard frost soon. So Mexican, probably Fajitas.
We've had to cover at nite twice already
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by farnfam (Peppers coming in fr...)
I hate to sound like a broken record but the chicken with almond butter sauce. I'm going to try to make some fancy julienned carrots like Blane did (not sure if vegetable cutter contraption will work on carrots), and probably Rice A Roni rice pilaf.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by Trixxee (I hate to sound like...)
I've been wanting to try that, Trixxee, but keep forgetting about it!

Freezer diving tonight, 'cuz I'm tutoring 3 hours after school. We'll have shredded beef tacos with salsa verde and all the fixings.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by karyn (I've been wanting to...)
I had planned to make Hot Wings Wraps from issue 51. I even cut up the veggies last night, but I'm exhausted, so it looks like Wendy's after church again. I just can't see getting home at nine and finishing it off. It just puts me too late with dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by karyn (I've been wanting to...)
Dinner tonight is a favorite, Steak Rumaki with bourbon vanilla sauce and a side of asparagus.

Trixxee, this is what I use to julienne. It sure makes life a whole lot easier. I put the quarter in there for scale.

[Image: Juliennegadget_zpscf19936d.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned to mak...)
Geez,Daphne, not even in my younger days would I cook dinner that late after work!! Cold cereal if nothing else.

That's one of my go to tools, also, Blane.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/19?? by cjs (Geez,Daphne, not eve...)
Thanks Blane! It would have never occurred to me to use whatever that thing is (is it a zester?). I've got a cutting board full of beautiful shoestring carrots. Tony couldn't resist getting into the act too.