T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

No telling what we'll end up doing - lots of work to get ready for the Pig BBQ for the guys.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not sure yet. Going to Asiatown with my dad for lunch and shopping, so it will depend on what I bring home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Never been to a pig roast before. Always wanted to try it though! Hope to see some pics from you Jean.

I am going to make Chili today. A lot of it. Just looking for recipes now. Any good recipes out there?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by luvnit (Never been to a pig ...)
Tony pulled some marinara and meatballs from the freezer so it's subs again. I don't mind!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by Trixxee (Tony pulled some mar...)
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post86136

Laura, above is the link to a thread about chili we had a couple years ago. The White Turkey Chili has won prizes - not for me, but for a gal who I gave the recipe to.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by cjs ([url=http://www.foru...)
Thanks Jean! I was looking for the book this morning. I was going to check it out ot see if there was a chili recipe in it. But I couldn't find it!!!!! I hate that.

But now I did. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I am back from the store with all my chili fixins' (I may have to go back for more). I have to blanche tomatoes, roast peppers, etc. But I figured I'd make a few different batches (different recipes too)and figure out just which one (or two) my husband likes.

Sometimes he gets a thought stuck in his head from childhood that a recipe can only taste one way. This drives me nutso! I think chili is one of the last of these classics I have to conquer with him.

Here goes
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by luvnit (Thanks Jean! I was l...)
Well, just as I was sitting here wondering what should I make, my friend called and invited us to join them at an impromptu birthday party at a local restaurant. It's newly opened called Primo's and since it's waiting on it's liquor license it's bring your own wine!.....Can do!!!
So I guess we're having Italian something
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by farnfam (Well, just as I was ...)
It has been a VERY busy day here---painters, landscapers, garden crew (different from the landscapers), Kirby pick up for repair (it died and hopefully can be revived!!) paint deliveries----got the picture yet?? My young girl has come to help with the heavy work--I hate to admit that I can't do this by myself----BREAKS my heart...but tough to realize that I am not 50 (????---yeah--I wish) anymore. The last episode was an eye opener--NO PUN INTENDED!!!

I forgot dinner----Cheeseburgers and fries Nice break once in a while.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by Roxanne 21 (It has been a VERY b...)
Hmmmmmmm, could you be getting ready to put your place on the market, Roxanne and join us up here in the Pacific Northwest?????????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/14?? by cjs (Hmmmmmmm, could you ...)
It's in the cards!!!!! Problem??? Selling this house in this market is going to be a HUGE mission!!

We have been looking at Seattle for a while---but back to the US is in our sights!!! Wanna be HOME!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy