Review: Quinoa, Chiles & Corn w/Tilapia Lemon Parm
  Re: (...)
I think this is the first 12 I've ever given a dish - well a dinner really, because the two go together so well.

The quinoa I have made before and loved, but this time I paired it with a tilapia dish (tilapia really in the freezer too long!)

[Image: QuinoaChilesCornandTilapiaLemonParmAug282012.jpg]
Toasted Quinoa With Chiles and Corn - *****
(my notes say this is a Carb Lover’s recipe, but I can’t find it in either book, so don’t know)

1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1 can fat-free -- (14-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup canned no salt-added whole-kernel corn – drained (I grilled one ear of corn for this)
1/3 cup jalapeño peppers -- chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
2 tablespoons lime juice

1. Add the quinoa to a 2-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, and place the pan over high heat. Swirl the quinoa in the pan to toast it evenly.

When the grains are fragrant and crackle (5 to 6 minutes), remove from heat. Add cumin, salt, and cocoa, then slowly add the broth (be careful; it might boil over). Put the pan over high heat, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.

2. Stir in the corn and jalapeño peppers; cover and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in scallions and lime juice. Serve warm.

Note: Picture looks like shrimp was added to salad. (not this picture, but one I saw with the recipe)
------------------------
I only had two pieces of tilapia, so made 1/2 the mayo/lemon/Parm topping and it’s enough for 2 more pieces of fish.
Tilapia Lemon Parmesan

2 1/2 pounds Rain Forest Tilapia fillets
2 teaspoons butter or margarine (2 to 4 teaspoons) -- softened
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

LEMON-PARMESAN SAUCE
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

GARNISHES
2 lemons -- sliced
Fresh parsley

Rinse the tilapia fillets in cold water and drain thoroughly. Top with butter or margarine and lemon juice. Broil about 4 inches from the source of heat for approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily (note: I hate when a recipe calls for this – if it flakes easily, it’s over done) when tested with a fork. I used a remote thermometer and pulled it at 115°F. (so, it wouldn’t overcook when I put the topping on)

Top each portion with 1-2 tablespoons of Lemon-Parmesan Sauce; broil 2-3 minutes or until sauce puffs and turns golden brown. The fish should be right at 140°F. Place fillets on serving plate; garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.

Source: American Tilapia Association – A MasterChef recipe.

------

We liked this entire menu so well, Roy is going down the hill to pick up some more tilapia for a repeat dinner tomorrow!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Quinoa, Chiles & Corn w/Tilapia Lemon Parm by cjs (I think this is the ...)
Thanks for posting it, Jean. This will be next on the list as soon as I get to the grocery store for a few things. Looks really good and sounds so healthy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Quinoa, Chiles & Corn w/Tilapia Lemon Parm by Mare749 (Thanks for posting i...)
It looks good, Jean! I still haven't tried quinoa. I've yet to see it locally, and I haven't remembered to check in the city. I'm hoping to go Saturday, so I'll put it on the list this time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Quinoa, Chiles & Corn w/Tilapia Lemon Parm by Gourmet_Mom (It looks good, Jean!...)
That really looks great!!! NO tilapia or quinoa here....but I bet it will be in the markets eventually...I certainly will keep this in mind.....printed!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy