What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm finally repeating an old one I didn't get made earlier this week (this is early week, must have been over weekend ) Quinoa with roasted corn and chiles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having a salad tonight - romaine, chicken, avocado, and corn with a warm chipotle vinaigrette. No grilling around here with Issac rains teasing us!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by karyn (We're having a salad...)
I'm looking for something pretty easy and all in one pot. I saw a black bean and chorizo chile recipe in one of the weeknight books (I think) that I might try. I only just had chorizo for the first time in those potato tacos Blane recommended and I was sold. Maybe I'll throw some potatoes in the chile.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by Trixxee (I'm looking for some...)
Well, now I can't find the darn recipe - I know I saw it the other day. Might have to just find one off the net I guess. I don't have the patience to go through 50 publications today - it could be in an issue or it could be in a book. They are all piled three feet high on my counter right now.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by Trixxee (Well, now I can't fi...)
I'm doing a pork belly----freezer diving!!!!! It is a Chinese based recipe---sure smells good!!! Hubby came in and noticed this new cut of pork---YUCK!!!! WHAT are you going to do with that??? We shall see----it is resting as we speak! Review tomorrow----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by Roxanne 21 (I'm doing a pork bel...)
Trixxee, is this the one you're looking for? Rick Bayless's recipe?

Jeannette talks of it. http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post129176
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by cjs (Trixxee, is this the...)
Thanks Jean - I found it. I was looking under the pork section and it was under the one pot section (precisely one of the reasons I wanted to try it). I worry about msyelf sometimes.....Wink
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by Trixxee (Thanks Jean - I foun...)
Still trying to decide. I do have a very nice romaine salad with lots of veggies that was made earlier today. Might just grill some chicken breast to top it.

My dear friend and second mom passed away over the weekend. Calling hours are this evening and the funeral is tomorrow. The family is glad that she is finally at peace, but we sure are going to miss her. She has had almost as much influence on my life as my own mom did.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by Mare749 (Still trying to deci...)
Oh, Maryann, what a double-edged sword. I know you're glad she's not suffering, but you will miss her and your history with her.

I'm putting up a separate thread for (I think) the only 12 rating I've ever given a recipe - unless it's the Caesar chicken salad we all loved so much a few years ago.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues. 8/28?? by cjs (Oh, Maryann, what a ...)
Can't wait to see this!

Maryann, I know how you feel. When my daddy died, we were so relieved he was at peace, but I miss him almost as much now as I did then.

Almost forgot dinner again. I wanted to make the herbed chicken, but I couldn't stop at the store in town to get the fresh herbs, due to meeting Internet tech, so I'm settling for my favorite linguine with the candied cherry tomatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.