Blackberries
  Re: (...)
So I decided to use some of the blackberries I picked and make a BBQ sauce.

This makes 1 1/3 cups:

1 1/4 cups blackberries
1/4 cup catsup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used 2tbs of black strap molasses because I was out of brown sugar)
2 Tbs ginger
1 teaspoon pepper
1 or 2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
salt, to taste

Pour into a 1 quart glass measuring cup. Cover loosely with a microwave-safe plastic wrap, leaving a vent for steam.

Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until berry mixture is reduced to 1 1/3 cups, about 8 minutes. Serve with anything barbecued.
  Re: Blackberries by DFen911 (So I decided to use ...)
Sounds wonderful, Denise. Are you settling in?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Blackberries by Mare749 (Sounds wonderful, De...)
does sound good!! I'm so glad you're retired!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberries by cjs (does sound good!! I'...)
How YUMMMM is that!!! How on earth have you had the time to start with the accompaniment to some awesome dishes??? LOVE balckberries---don't get them here too often!

GO GIRL!!!! How about some rest???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Blackberries by Roxanne 21 (How YUMMMM is that!!...)
I'm next! Well done, Denise! I never see blackberries around here very often. Some grow wild here, but anybody that knows where there are bushes won't tell. We also have something called a briar berry which is similar, but those are an even more well guarded secret. Those are William's favorites. The briar berries are similar to the blackberry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Blackberries by Gourmet_Mom (I'm next! Well done...)
Got my drivers license today and my Oregon plates. Getting our banking taken care of now. Hopefully found a doctor for my FiL