What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm still cooking from the ***** recipes from M.C. - today is Toasted Quinoa with Chiles and Corn and Grilled Halilbut in Sweet Chili Thai sauce. (Sharon and Erin both have made this one according to my notes)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pantry cooking today - linguine with clam sauce.
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Three Cheese and Spinach Manicotti from the first Cuisine For Two book.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by BarbaraS (Three Cheese and Spi...)
Pizza! I'm trying out the new griddle today! I'll go back to Jean's grill method and run the instructions through the paces. I've planned a Tuffle Pizza with mozzarella (sadly no truffle cheese), mushrooms, spinach, bacon and green onions and a traditional all meat version.

Jean, the pan came preseasoned. Do I need to do anything extra from your directions since it's new?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by Gourmet_Mom (Pizza! I'm trying o...)
Wow, Daphne, I've never had a preseasoned anything before - I don't think. Now, if mine was indeed preseasoned, No, I didn't do anything special....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by cjs (Wow, Daphne, I've ne...)
Daphne, only my opinion, but I would still oil the pan. I got my daughter the pre-seasoned dutch oven and she was a bit disappointed with the so-called seasoning.

All this talk about pizza got me craving, so I have Jean's Neopolitan pizza dough rising now. One will be a Margherita pizza, and the other one may end up being a copycat of Daphne's yummy sounding pizza.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by Gourmet_Mom (Pizza! I'm trying o...)
We ended up grilling steak last night, so tonight will be the Black Bean/ Chicken Enchiladas with salsa verde and corn salsa. The dinner that I planned for tonight is moved to tomorrow. I'll be back into the pizza making next week, my wife secretly ordered me a new pizza stone.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by losblanos1 (We ended up grilling...)
Thank, Maryann. Better safe than sorry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thank, Maryann. Bet...)
I don't know, Daphne. If you use cornmeal for the pizza 'ballbearings' I wouldn't want oil on the griddle. I have to disagree with Maryann on this one.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? by cjs (I don't know, Daphne...)
Leftovers!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".