What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25??
  Re: (...)
Did we all have a bit of withdrawal this a.m.???? I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with myself...........

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Well, since I couldn't come on here, I played with my MasterCook - so many recipes on there and now onto L.C. I did a search "*****" ( I guess the equivalent of 'flagging' on Living Cookbook, huh Maryann?) Anyway I got something like 258 hits. I printed it out and I have 5 pages of recipes that we have loved over the years.

So, today we're having Spam Primavera and use up the can of spam I have in the pantry. Really fun going thru the list, so many dishes I Have forgotten....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by cjs (Did we all have a bi...)
We're having Ina Garten's Perfect Roast chicken and the 3-Cheese Potato Gratin from Issue 37.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by BarbaraS (We're having Ina Gar...)
So it wasn't just me!

We're either having leftovers from William's day at the farm or pizza.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (So it wasn't just me...)
I was in a slight panic.

My wife made that perfect chicken recently, it's so good. Tonight she's making chicken enchiladas from issue #44.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by losblanos1 (I was in a slight pa...)
Today we are going to my in-laws for a birthday party for Ron Sr. I'm taking a big chopped salad and ciabatta bread. The girls are picking up fresh corn and the birthday cake on the way. Lois is making her famous potato salad. So, all Ron and his dad will have to do is cook the steaks.

We went together with the kids and bought a backyard swing since Ron Sr. loves mine so much.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by Mare749 (Today we are going t...)
Family is coming over for a bbq and a swim. We're making grilled rib eyes and grilled shrimp. I'm making a fruit salad and my mom is bringing a broccoli/rice/cheese casserole. My sister is bringing some kind of asian slaw/fried wonton appetizer as well as asparagus wrapped in proscuitto.

Vanilla ice cream topped with my mom's strawberry freezer jam for dessert.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by Trixxee (Family is coming ove...)
WOW! Two pool parties..where do I want to go to dinner? Decisions, decision!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! Two pool parti...)
The site went down last night (I think it was around 10 or 11PM, Eastern time) and seemed to be down most of the night.

Last night I mixed some red curry paste, lime juice and cilantro into some ground beef. Going to try that as burgers tonight.

Update: I had had the red curry paste left from when I made the Thai Chicken Wraps, but when I got to the store, today, they had it on sale for 30% off!

[Image: redcurrypaste.jpg]

So I bought THREE of them!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by labradors (The site went down l...)
" I mixed some red curry paste, lime juice and cilantro into some ground " oh boy, I want to hear how this is. The flavors just jump out!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/25?? by cjs (" I mixed some red c...)
Very tasty, but needed more of the red curry paste.

I based the quantities upon the marinade mixture from the Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps. That used one tablespoon of the paste for two pounds of chicken. I used one tablespoon mixed into ONE pound of ground beef, figuring that the other had been chicken and that the beef would need more so one tablespoon wouldn't be TOO much.

Well, I was right, but I probably should have used TWO tablespoons of the paste. That's what I'll try the next time (perhaps next weekend).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?