T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I think we drank too much wine yesterday....will think about this later.

Lunch was great and we spent the whole afternoon eating, drinking and catching up.

Smoked Trout w/Come Back Sauce and garlic toasts
[Image: SmokedTroutwComeBackSauceAug232012.jpg]

Wedge Salad
[Image: WedgeSaladwBleuDressing.jpg]

Coconut Shrimp, Basmati Rice and Mango-Ginger Chutney
[Image: CoconutShrimpAug232012.jpg]

Frozen Melon Martini
[Image: FrozenMelonMartini2.jpg]

Before you ask, this is a great summer dessert!! It's from 2005 issue of Food & Drink magazine -
Honeydew and watermelon balls - freeze them. Place in a martini glass and fill with Moscato. How easy is that??

One hint tho, remove the melon balls from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
What a spread!

I'm not sure yet. I have to make a big Costco run today so we'll see if I get any ideas while I'm there. Whatever it is it will have to be grilled as I am also deep cleaning this house and especially the kitchen today because we're having family over for a bbq/swim tomorrow. I hate to admit this but the only time the whole house is clean at the same time is right before someone comes over.

Perhaps teriyaki thighs.
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Droolling! and green with envy!!! Looks so wonderful.
James has to work a double, so I decided to pack up a dinner and bring it down there to share with him.
Not sure what it will be yet. Probbly something with chix thighs
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by farnfam (Droolling! and green...)
Quote:

Food & Drink magazine

I really need to subscribe to this one again. We're doing 80's Rewind at the winery tonight, so 4 different pizzas. i'm really looking forward to the Irish Aged Cheddar/local apple/fresh thyme pizza.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Jean, that looks so good! Especially, the shrimp and martini!

That sounds good, Lorraine! Interesting flavors! I need to start making smaller pizzas, so I can try new things. If we don't care for it, it won't be such a loss.

I'm not sure. William will be at the camp tonight, so I will probably pick up a steak an potato when I check the PO.

I didn't post this earlier, but we lost a very dear friend this week. He and William were more like brothers than friends. He was even asked to give the eulogy at the funeral yesterday. Tonight's crowd at the camp will probably be exceptionally large with lots of stories. To be a fly on the wall.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that looks so ...)
Wow Jean, that looks delicious.

I made Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner last night, it was excellent!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by losblanos1 (Wow Jean, that looks...)
Me too, Lorraine - I forgot about it until I started going thru my old ones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by cjs (Me too, Lorraine - I...)
Chinese chicken salad. A keeper!

[Image: Chinesechickensalad.jpg]
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by losblanos1 (Chinese chicken sala...)
That is one of our favorite recipes, Blane. I have had this in mind for a couple of weeks....time to do!!

The sesame fried version is superb...We also like the other option ... decisions!

I purchased the firefighters cookbook following the making of this dish....donation well spent!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner 8/24?? by Roxanne 21 (That is one of our f...)
Yum!!
www.achefsjourney.com