What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having company for lunch, an old friend and Roy's business partner. Haven't seen him for years, so it will be a long, long lunch.

Our menu -
Smoke Trout with Come Back Sauce
Toasted Snack bread round

Coconut Shrimp with Brown rice
Mango Ginger Chutney
Green Salad w/Roquefort dressing
18 hour bread

Frozen Melon Martini

Going to have fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Your menu sounds great! Have to meet the produce truck late this afternoon, so I think dinner will be leftovers of some kind.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wow, that's going to be an awesome lunch, Jean. Have a great time.

We will be cooking from the new Cuisine Grilling magazine tonight, "Rubbed & Glazed BBQ Ribs." Probably have french fries and coleslaw for sides.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by Mare749 (Wow, that's going to...)
First day of school today - keeping it simple and having grilled burgers and tater tots.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by Trixxee (First day of school ...)
First day of school here, too, for my grandbabies. Sure is quiet around here!
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by Mare749 (First day of school ...)
So confused. School must have changed a lot since I was a kid, such that they feel it's necessary to bring everyone back so soon, instead of the first weekday after Labour Day as it always used to be.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by labradors (So confused. School...)
Labs, it depends on where you live. My friend who lives in Philadelphia said her grandbabies don't go back until after Labor Day. Not sure why our kids go back so early. It wasn't like that when I was a kid either.

Changed my menu for tonight. Decided to make BLT Pasta salad with creamy bacon dressing from issue #94 to go with our ribs.
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by Mare749 (Labs, it depends on ...)
It has changed for some Labs, but the number of school days really hasn't - it's just spread out differently.

In my district we get a full week off at Thanksgiving (in the "olden days" we used to just get Thurs/Fri off). Three weeks off at Christmas (used to be two weeks) and two weeks off during spring break (used to be one week).

Summer gets hot and long here. I like it set up this way - you get a little more time off in different seasons and if you're traveling it can work out to your favor price-wise since everyone under the sun doesn't have the same exact days off as you and traveling on the same days.

Now in my sister's district 30 minutes down the freeway - they have a very traditional calendar. She loves it in the summer - hates it in the winter and spring when she's back to school and we aren't.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by Trixxee (It has changed for s...)
Ha - I'm already talking about days off and Michael isn't even home from his first day yet. What is wrong with me???
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/23?? by Trixxee (Ha - I'm already tal...)
From Grilling volume 3, Cubano chicken with hot mangos & peppers.