T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17??
  Re: (...)
Sure seems like Fridays are coming a lot faster these days... What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're meeting our nephew and wife from Colorado (Lorraine, you met them, but probably don't remember) in Kingston for a leisurely seafood lunch, so we'll probably have doggie bags for dinner later.

http://www.kingstonalehouse.com/

Kingston is such a pretty little town.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by cjs (Sure seems like Frid...)
Looks yummy, Jean! I'm not sure. We're on the road. If I had to guess, William will probably want Applebee's.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks yummy, Jean! ...)
Tony found a recipe he wants me to make and I realized I have made it before and it was really good. I made it years ago.

"Melt in Your Mouth Braised and Barbecued Chicken". It's asian-y. Maybe sauteed baby bok choy as the veggie.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by Trixxee (Tony found a recipe ...)
Looked it up. Sounds yummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looked it up. Soun...)
And it's very pantry friendly!
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by cjs (Sure seems like Frid...)
OH JEAN! The menu is amazing.

I'm not sure what we're having - I work until 4, then we have to run to town for the goodies for tomorrow's fattie fest. I'm going to guess something on the grill.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by Harborwitch (OH JEAN! The menu i...)
After after last nights easy dinner, I'm back in the saddle again. Tonight, it's a recipe I've not tried yet, Bisteca alla Fiorentina. It's grilled steaks served Florence style (August 2002). The recipe calls out for Porterhouse, but they don't seem to grow those around here. I'll sub New York strip steaks. Asparagus for a side.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by losblanos1 (After after last nig...)
Quote:

Asparagus for a side.

Love to see you trying something new, Blane! Just kidding!

Freezer diving tonight. I'm always wiped out after the first week of school, so you'd think I'd plan better. We were going to go out, but I didn't even want to do that so I pulled some Trader Joe's tortellini and homemade pesto out. The side around here is wine.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Trixee's Thai style fried chicken, Thai mango salad and rice. Such a goo dinner. James gives it a 9
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, Aug 17?? by farnfam (Trixee's Thai style ...)
We are doing a modified Prudhomme blackened fish using Chilean Sea Bass blackened in hot clarified butter with Cajun seasoning and finished in the oven at 350 (due to thickness of fish). We will also boil fresh corn on the cob (rescued from the ethanol police) and served with sliced tomatoes.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".