Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee
  Re: (...)
This Margherita pizza recipe has six ingredients.
Dough- I used a premade one from Safeway, 16oz.
Tomato- I used romas.
Cheese- I used pre-sliced mozzarella, 3-4 slices per pizza.
Salt- I used kosher, two pinches or to taste
EVOO
Basil- I just eyeballed it (or leave off)

I place my pizza stone on one side of the grill and turn the burners on medium, the two burners on the other side of the grill I turn on high. Preheat grill to 550 degrees, (I cooked at 500)

I let the dough sit out for about an hour, then form into two 8" pizzas by stretching the dough, I didn't use a roller.

[Image: Pizzastepone.jpg]

I then chopped the tomatoes to the size of small marshmallows, about 3/4 to 1 cup per pizza. Spread evenly.

[Image: Pizzasteptwo.jpg]

Top with cheese
Drizzle with olive oil, about 2 tablespoons Salt to taste

[Image: Pizzastepsthreefourandfive.jpg]

Place the pizza on the stone, shut the lid, cook for about 4 minute and then check pizza brownness, the side closest to the heat will brown faster than the other side, so I rotate the pizza for even browning. Cook about 8-10 minutes (I didn't keep accurate time) Top with basil.

[Image: Pizzastep6A.jpg]
  Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by losblanos1 (This Margherita pizz...)
Good instructions, Blane.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by cjs (Good instructions, B...)
Thank you, thank you, thank you Blane! This is what I've needed all these years. Literally, step by step instructions.

Can't wait to give this a try. The pictures look so good.
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by Trixxee (Thank you, thank you...)
Quick question - that is cornmeal on the board? Just cornmeal? Thx.
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by Trixxee (Quick question - tha...)
Well done, Blane!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by Gourmet_Mom (Well done, Blane!...)
You're welcome Trixxee and yes that's cornmeal. Thank you Jean and Daphne.
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by losblanos1 (You're welcome Trixx...)
Maryann - Blane was kind enough to give me explicit step by step instructions for his pizza on the grill. Here you go!

I haven't had an opportunity to make pizza yet but I promise I will get to it soon. Might get to do it this weekend if I can get over to Trader Joe's for the dough.
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by Trixxee (Maryann - Blane was ...)
I think Blane's grill gets hotter than mine, I can't get a really good crusty brown. I'm making pizza a couple times this weekend, so I may let the grill heat up longer and see how high I can get it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by cjs (I think Blane's gril...)
My grill is rated at 50,000 BTU (it has five buners). I grilled the calzones last night on my new stone and they turned out great, except for the bottoms were a little over done, not quite burnt, but close. In the future I'll turn the burners under the stone to low flame, the others to high. I'll also cook pizza at 400 degrees (that's the temp I cooked the calzones at).
  Re: Re: Pizza Info Attn: Trixxee by losblanos1 (My grill is rated at...)
Thanks for pulling this up for me, Trixxee. And thank you Blane! Your instructions are simple and easy to follow.

I've never used my pizza stone on the grill, but thought it might be fun to try it for comparison.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."