Please post your zucchini recipes here
  Re: (...)
Here are the two I made today. Both are very tasty. Ron is eating the fritters right now with sriracha sauce. Yum!

Zucchini Fritters

2 medium zucchini, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
2 large eggs
salt and pepper
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp dried oregano
3 Tbs fresh basil, finely minced
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1. Mix together the grated zucchini, onion, eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, cheese, and baking powder into a bowl. Stir to mix well. Add 6 tablespoons of flour and mix. Add the additional tablespoon of flour if mixture is still very wet. Heat a large frying pan sprayed with olive oil spray over medium heat. Once hot, drop heaping tablespoons of the batter into the pan flattening each slightly wit the back of the spoon. Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove to a heated platter and continue to cook the remaining pancakes in the same manner. Serve warm with yogurt sauce, or sauce of choice.

2. Yogurt Sauce
1 6 Ounce Container Fat Free Greek Yogurt
Salt & Pepper
2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Chives
1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
Mix the yogurt with the salt, pepper, and herbs and let sit in the refrigerator 30 minutes before using.

Servings: 10

Source: Italianfoodforever.com
-----------------------------------------

Zucchini-Parmesan Soup

3 T. butter
4 cups zucchini, diced (about 1 lb.)
1 cup onions, diced
1 T. garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/2 cup heavy cream (I sometimes sub evaporated milk)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. fresh parsley, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Sweat zucchini, onion, and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth and nutmeg, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is very soft, 5 minutes. Puree 1/2 the soup in a blender or food processor, then return it to the pan with carrot, cream, and parmesan. Simmer until carrot is tender and cheese melts. 5-8 minutes, stirring often. Finish with parsley, salt and pepper.

Yield: 4 1/2 cups

Source: Cuisine at Home
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Mare749 (Here are the two I m...)
Maybe I could get William to eat them this way. It's weird, really...he loves all other varieties of squash. I have a wonderful Cheesy Squash recipe that we like. Since the two are pretty much interchangeable, shall I post it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Gourmet_Mom (Maybe I could get Wi...)
and, chocolate-zucchini bread - I just love it. I'll post a couple tomorrow a.m. And, try to not overload, I have so many.

Maryann, I love zucc fritters, but don't think I've made your version.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by cjs (and, chocolate-zucch...)
Jean, I don't think you can over-post zucchini recipes. I can't pick mine fast enough! They seem to grow a foot a day!
Would love to try your chocolate zucchini bread.

Daphne, if you wouldn't mind, yes, I would like to have your recipe, too. Have to change them up, you know?
Maryann

Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Mare749 (Jean, I don't think ...)
I've posted before in THIS thread. I thought I'd post the thread again since some of the recipes could be used for zucchini.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheesy Squash Casserole

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sides and Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/3 pounds yellow squash -- sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2/3 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
1 1/3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2/3 cup milk, 1% lowfat
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup soft breadcrumbs -- toasted

Cook squash and onion in a small amount of boiling water 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; set aside.

Melt margarine in a medium-size, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.

Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.

Remove from heat; add cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Add squash mixture; stir well.

Spoon squash mixture into a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Sprinkle squash mixture evenly with breadcrumbs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.

Description:
"It's not Grandma's, but it's a pretty good low calorie substitution."
Source:
"http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/cheesy-squash-casserole/"
Daphne
  Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Gourmet_Mom (I've posted before i...)
Thanks Daphne, that sounds good. Will be trying it soon!

So, are we the only ones who eat zucchini around here???
Maryann

Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Mare749 (Thanks Daphne, that ...)
No, we are too, but time is flying around here.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by cjs (No, we are too, but ...)
Just now a FB friend posted this recipe. Looks good to me! Too bad I don't have a mini muffin pan. I need to get to Target this week and get one.

http://thewaytohisheart.wordpress.com/20...ini-bites/
  Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Trixxee (Just now a FB friend...)
I saw that, Trixxee! They look really good!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Please post your zucchini recipes here by Gourmet_Mom (I saw that, Trixxee!...)
I saw that too! Trixxee, if you don't get the muffin pans this week, what if you just filled a regular muffin pan with 1 heaping T. of the mix? It would just be a "puff" instead of a mini muffin...
Maryann