Really OT super cool
  Re: (...)
In case any of you are "Spacies", this is super cool. From a peep at the CA forum:

My SIL is working on the most recent Mars Lander project out of Pasadena at JPL (she will be helping to 'steer' the darn thingy to a 'most likely' spot). (Side note: as they train they go to work on Martian time, in Pasadena, so as to be one with the machine...). Anyway, now and then she sends me stuff that mortals can understand. This link is the best darn thing she's seen to explain just what "7 minutes of terror" represents for everyone at NASA. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pzqdoXwLBT8 Confusedhock: :?] Seven Minutes of Terror [/url].

Go to NASA TV for a free iPad app that gives you real time broadcast :!: :!:

My brother and SIL are in Pasadena at JPL for a 'landing party', hopefully it won't be crashed... Touchdown is 9:30PM PDT, can be viewed live on the iPad app.
  Re: Really OT super cool by Cubangirl (In case any of you a...)
NPR is running a Ustream feed for watching live on the Internet (for those of us without iPads and apps).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Really OT super cool by labradors (NPR is running a [ur...)
Great!
  Re: Re: Really OT super cool by Cubangirl (Great!...)
FoxNews (on TV) will also be carrying the live feed starting around 1:30AM, Eastern time.

HERE is the direct Ustream link (rather than going through NPR) which will allow full-screen mode.

UPDATE: Curiosity is safely on Mars. HERE is a link to see any pictures it sends back.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Really OT super cool by labradors (FoxNews (on TV) will...)
Roy has been chomping at the bit - he retired a couple years too soon. He designed the mechanism for holding Space-X rockets on the launch pads and now they are going crazy! He's a little wistful right now with all that is going on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Really OT super cool by cjs (Roy has been chompin...)
Oh I can imagine how he feels. "If only. . . ." "darn that'd be so much fun to . . . " and all the rest. Oh well he gets to sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy watching without all the headaches.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Really OT super cool by Harborwitch (Oh I can imagine how...)
I have a picture somewhere of Roy watching the first Space-X testing in Omelek Island in the Kwajalein Atoll - he had 2 drinks in front of him.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com