What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're taking a ride to look for some RV parks close to home for quick trips. Maybe get a subway and eat on the beach. Supposed to be in the high 80s along the coast today, so should be beautiful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I never did make spaghetti the other night, so to save a trip to the store, that's dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (I never did make spa...)
Funny, I guess you mentioning spaghetti yesterday - I can't get it out of my mind. Just plain old simple wonderful spaghetti!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by Gourmet_Mom (I never did make spa...)
Because of the heat we're going to have today, something light, chicken taco salad.

ETA: I changed the dinner plans, from the new Fast & Fresh cookbook-Peppercorn Burger with remoulade sauce.

ETA: Another change- BLT Burgers tonight with French fries. This is my final decision.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Picked up a 1 lb ribeye steak to split between us. Corn for me, 'tater for him, and salads with blue cheese dressing.

Barbara

ETA: And the Bloody Mary Tomato Gratin. I've been making that every weekend since that issue came out, I just love it!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by BarbaraS (Picked up a 1 lb rib...)
I'm making Blane's birthday dinner, minus the dessert. Looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by Trixxee (I'm making Blane's b...)
Ron is smoking a rack of ribs out on the charcoal grill with cherry chips, a small pot of baked beans, and a baked potato.
Gonna need a long with my doggie tonight.(damage control )
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by Mare749 (Ron is smoking a rac...)
That's funny, Blane - how many times have we all changed our minds 3,4 times in one day??

Ribs, beans, sounds so good. I haven't done baked beans forever!

Another day of good sounding dishes, that's for sure.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/4?? by cjs (That's funny, Blane ...)
And I did boerwors (South African sausage/hot dog) with corn on the cob....simple but hits the spot!!! (DH's comment)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy