What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012?
  Re: (...)
Jean should be back today! Hope she is enjoying her time away. I was hoping I would see her posting this morning. But she is probably still on the road.

Today Maggie and I are going to make Jean's burrito crockpot recipe! Maggie is such a great little chef-a-nota
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by luvnit (Jean should be back ...)
Way to go, Mom and Chef-a-Nota!

I haven't really thought that far. Today I'll be trying to finish up with my tomatoes. So something simple, I'm sure.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by Gourmet_Mom (Way to go, Mom and C...)
We are having chicken gyros with a cucumber salsa. One of my favorite summer meals.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by Trixxee (We are having chicke...)
Grilled pork chops..that's as far as I got
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by DFen911 (Grilled pork chops.....)
Camarones Rellenos Envueltos con Tocino (Shrimp stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon) with chipotle mayonnaise. Sides are black Bean Cakes w/ cilantro-scallion slaw & Mexican rice.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by losblanos1 ( Camarones Rellenos ...)
I wanna eat at Blane's house!

We tried a few new CI recipes...Skillet Chicken Fajitas and Avocado Salad with Mango and Jicama. Both were fine, but not worth repeating.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by karyn (I wanna eat at Blane...)
I agree, Karyn! What kind of cheese, Blane?
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree, Karyn! Wha...)
Karyn & Daphne, come on over, dinners at 6:00. Of course you would have to time travel.
Daphne, I use manchego, but any good melting cheese works. I hope to post a picture of this dish later on.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by losblanos1 (Karyn & Daphne, come...)
I'm anxiously awaiting the picture! We LOVE Manchego! Wouldn't time travel be cool! I'd be popping around all over the place for dinner! Maybe it's a good thing it doesn't exist. I'd quickly get so obese I couldn't move....LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday 7/23/2012? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm anxiously awaiti...)
That's funny Daphne.
Here's a photo. I ended up not stuffing the shrimp, was running out of time.
The rice, black bean cake & slaw are Cuisine at Home recipes. I scaled them down to a side dish size. The shrimp recipe is from a local newspaper I got a few years ago.

[Image: Cameronesrellenos.jpg]