What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I'm making another 'batch' of Chop Suey - I made it the other day and it was missing something, so I'm giving it another try and adding a little something else, not sure what yet.

Got a wonderful phone call last night - the granddaughter that spent the weekend with us called to say, "I'M ENGAGED, GRANDS!!!" Wow, was she excited. Maybe the family passed some kind of test the last few days.... ?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Congratulations to the happy couple, Jean. Now you will be busy with showers, the wedding, etc. so keep us posted on all the festivities!

First tomatoes of the season are ripening, so it will probably be BLT's tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by Mare749 (Congratulations to t...)
That's what we're having, Maryann! A friend is bringing me a bushel of purples and Brandywines tomorrow. Guess what I'm doing Saturday! Yeah!

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing for the happy couple!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's what we're ha...)
Congratulations to the happy couple!

We're having Bourbon Chicken. I'll probably serve it with rice and roasted broccolini. We have a 70% chance of thunderstorms tonight, so I didn't think I should grill!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by karyn (Congratulations to t...)
Karyn, What recipe do you use for Burbon Chicken? I love it and think my kids would enjoy it too. Not sure here. Last night we had a good Cheesy Pizza Pasta bake. I am un-motivated to plan something. Maybe I'll just throw some chicken in the slow cooker.

Congrats to your granddaughter Jean! That is fantastic.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Quote:

Maybe the family passed some kind of test the last few days.... ?

That must have been some delicious meal that you prepared for them. I'm sure they'll be looking for a caterer for the reception.
Congratulations to the happy couple.

Steak night tonight. Filets Mignon with port sauce and sides of French fries & Broccoli
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Decided. Pulled chicken sandwiches (slow cooker with barbecue sauce) and broccoli slaw.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Wow Jean! Congrats to the couple!

Just doing a ham steak and sides.

Can't wait to make the Bloody Mary Gratin again this Saturday. I may not cook it as much since I love the leftovers and they can get soggy - but still good!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by BarbaraS (Wow Jean! Congrats ...)
That is exciting news Jean! How wonderful for them!

We are having spaghetti and meatballs tonight, with garlic parmesan bread, and Caesar salad.

I still have some pics to upload from my trip. I gotta get that done soonSmile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 7/18?? by esgunn (Karyn, What recipe d...)
Quote:

Karyn, What recipe do you use for Burbon Chicken? I love it and think my kids would enjoy it too.

Here's the recipe I use...it's as close to the stuff at the mall as I've found as long as you use chicken thighs. (Now isn't that an inspirational goal, but for this dish it works!)

I used breasts tonight and they were a little dry. I think I should have done a cornstarch/soy/sherry/sesame oil/water marinade first to help the breasts retain moisture. Anyway, here's the link: Bourbon Chicken. Enjoy!