What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Since I have so many leftovers and I still have lots of recipes to make one more time for the pantry book, guess I'll be pretty boring for a few days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Just got back from a 10 mile bike ride with a neighbor fellow. Such a nice day. It is going to be hot, hot, hot here.

Just watched a Taco tour with Rick Bayless yesterday and am all pumped for tacos. So I am going to make a Green Mole and Chicken.

Anyway, let you know later how closely it resembles what I had on vacation. I am hoping it's even betterSmile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by luvnit (Just got back from a...)
The mention of tacos has me thinking taco salad. I have a bunch of tomatoes to process today, so we'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (The mention of tacos...)
Cajun Peppered shrimp over pasta, and great demi baguettes to sop up the juices.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by Lorraine (Cajun Peppered shrim...)
Oh Lorraine, that sounds so good! I'm working with shrimp today also. Going to do Blane's birthday dinner. Can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by Mare749 (Oh Lorraine, that so...)
I'm trying to put together a pantry meal myself and avoiding going to the store. I think I'm going to make a warm orzo, feta, chive, sundried tomato salad topped with some scampi style shrimp. Not sure if it will all work together but that's what we're having.

Edited to add: doing grilled chicken instead. Need to save my shrimp for Blane's B-Day Dinner....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by Trixxee (I'm trying to put to...)
Apparently it's a taco kind of day! I have short ribs simmering in the crock pot for Korean tacos. They smell great.....
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Cold Peanut Soba Noodles with Chicken. It is a Noble Pig Recipe.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by esgunn (Cold Peanut Soba Noo...)
We ended up having (smoked) Chicken a la King over toasted 18-hour bread, but the pictures didn't turn out, so won't have one for the book...darn.

I'm looking into getting the camera Blane mentioned having. Mine is so old and so not food-picture-friendly!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? by cjs (We ended up having (...)
Definitive Salsa chilling, lettuce shredded, cheese shredded, and meat about to be cooked! I can't wait for dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.