What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12??
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Mare749 (I'm a little bit out...)
I have some lovely organic sausages with spinach and feta that we'll toss on the grill . . . and I'm making the beet & goat cheese pizza, and a salad with fresh lettuce I just picked.

This is my best day for "project cooking" for a while. It's 2-8 Friday & Saturday, 7-2 Sunday, 7-11 and then 4-8 Monday. Tuesday will be a light day but I might be in the kitchen with Tonya in the afternoon. We're catering a "Gourmet Baked Potato Bar" Wednesday before I go in to the Pro Shop.
I love being retired!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Harborwitch (I have some lovely o...)
Because it was so delicious the first time, I'm making the Schlow Burger again.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by losblanos1 (Because it was so de...)
I forgot about the Schlow Burger. That was a great recipe! How long have you been getting C@H Blane?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by luvnit (I forgot about the S...)
Hi

Smokey corn quesadillas

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/smoky...erms=50106

My friends made them last week and they were really good.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by piano226 (Hi[br][br]Smokey cor...)
Nice to see you, Marina. Those quesadillas look mighty tasty!

Jean, thanks for the gravy recipe. I'm not familiar with Swanson flavor boost. Is it with gravy mixes or by bouillon cubes in the store?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Mare749 (Nice to see you, Mar...)
I'm not sure, Maryann - I spent one morning going up and down the aisles looking for 'pantry' type items to play with for the book and found it. The box has 8 packets and I've used 6 of them so far. I haven't used it straight but I've combined it with wine or something else, so don't know how strong/salty a flavor it might have. Guess I should do that.

[Image: image_swanson_Flavour_boost.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by cjs (I'm not sure, Maryan...)
Here's a thing I do that might be something like Swanson's flavor boost. I throw a buillion cube in the frying pan with a teeny bit of butter, once they warm up, they smoosh quite easily. I start with one and add if nesc.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by farnfam (Here's a thing I do ...)
Oh, I remember now (thanks to Cis) what I initially wanted this product for - I have an old, old pasta dish that I used to use one beef bouillion cube in and I was trying to find something else to try. Now, I have to find that recipe again, I really liked it.

Cis, after the 'smoosh' do you make a sauce?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by cjs (Oh, I remember now (...)
I use a similar product. It's called Tone's Chicken or Beef Base.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I use a similar prod...)
I sort of make a sauce Jean. After smooshing into the melted butter, I add onions or whatever recipe calls for and blend into juices that the food gives off. Taste to see if it needs more and if necessary melt another cube in.
Often after doing this no salt is needed in recipe :-)
Cis
Empress for Life