Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes
  Re: (...)
with Garlic Ramp Aioli -

I had fun this weekend playing with my wonderful crop of ramps.

[Image: TwiceBakedSmkdSalmonPotatoesJuly8.jpg]

Twice Baked Sake Smoked Salmon Potato with Garlic Ramp Aioli

I grilled my ‘baked’ potatoes – indirect heat for 1 hour turning every 20 minutes.

Garlic Ramp Aioli (an old F&W recipe)
4 large ramps (or scallions), cut in 2-inch lengths (I used 1 oz. of ramps)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsps. apricot jam
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. dry mustard mixed with 1 T. of water
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Blanch the ramps in boiling water just until bright green, 30 seconds. Drain, cool under water and pat dry.

In a blender, puree the ramps, mayo, soy sauce, lemon juice, jam, ginger, garlic and mustard paste until smooth. With machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.

For the potatoes:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. roughly flaked smoked salmon
2 T. minced red onion
1 T. capers

When potatoes are done, split in half and transfer insides to a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and mix until well combined. With a fork gently mix together the potato mixture with the salmon, onion and capers. Fill the potato skins with this mixture and place on a baking sheet. Put under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until tops begin to brown. Dollop the potatoes with the aioli and serve.

Also, oven-roasted a few shrimp to try this one. YUM!
[Image: GarlicRstdShrimpwGarlicRampAioli.jpg]

The aioli is just wonderful - as is the salmon and now I'm going to dig thru the freezer for more salmon, hope there is some in there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by cjs (with Garlic Ramp Aio...)
Beautiful, Jean! What a great idea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by Gourmet_Mom (Beautiful, Jean! Wh...)
Very nice.
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by Trixxee (Very nice....)
That looks so scrumptious, Jean----I have printed and this will be on my soon to do list!!!! YUMMMM!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by Roxanne 21 (That looks so scrump...)
I hope you like it as well as we did, Roxanne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by cjs (I hope you like it a...)
Those look delicious. I learned something new, a ramp is a scallion.
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by losblanos1 (Those look delicious...)
a ramp is a scallion - kind of, a garlic scallion. They are delicious.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by cjs (I hope you like it a...)
We shall see!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by cjs (a ramp is a scallion...)
Quote:

a ramp is a scallion - kind of, a garlic scallion. They are delicious.

As usual, I mis-read.
NOW I've learned something new, thanks Jean.
  Re: Re: Review: Twice Baked Sake Smk'd Salmon Potatoes by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The garlic ramp grows out of the garlic plant and is very garlicky and wonderful.
www.achefsjourney.com