Leftover pork roast
  Re: (...)
I'm looking for some ideas/suggestions for leftover pork roast. I ended up with way too much after our dinner...we usually don't have that much to play with except for a couple of sandwiches the next day. I have AT LEAST 3 pounds left...the roast didn't look that big in the market

Anyway....help please?????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Leftover pork roast by Roxanne 21 (I'm looking for some...)
From my latest bood, "I Have LEFTOVERS...What Do I Do Now?" - any of these sound good to you?

Asian Pork Salad
Fried Rice with Ham
Ham & Fruit salad (Pork can be subbed)
Jack, Mac & Ham Cassolette (ditto)
Linguine and Pork Stir-Fry
Open-Face Hunan Pork Sandwiches
Pork and Bean Burritos

other ideas for leftover pork -
strogonoff
soup
a curried stew over rice
hash

If any catch your eye, I'd be glad to post the recipe, but some of them you certainly wouldn't need a recipe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by cjs (From my latest bood,...)
Sandwiches can always be good.

Of course, you could also shred it or make very thin slices and put it onto pizza.

Hmm... maybe let it come to room temperature then cut it into bite-sized chunks and deep fry it in tempura!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by labradors (Sandwiches can alway...)
" you could also shred it or make very thin slices and put it onto pizza.

Hmm... maybe let it come to room temperature then cut it into bite-sized chunks and deep fry it in tempura! "

Hmmmmm, LEFTOVERS #2.................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by cjs (" you could also shr...)
Geez, I'm doing the same as Roxanne. Have 1/2 a whole pork loin left. I was thinking hot pork sandwiches (if it cools down), pork fried rice, Cuban sandwiches. Maybe sliced and cooked in Green Enchilada Sauce. I have cubed potatoes leftover, so maybe a hash.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by Lorraine (Geez, I'm doing the ...)
There's a recipe in the Sandwiches and Salads book on page 5 for a pork loin "dip". You make the dipping sauce out of onion, celery, carrot, tomato paste, beef and chicken broths, bay leaf, S&P. Serve on a toasted roll. Looks pretty good in the picture!
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by Trixxee (There's a recipe in ...)
WHOA!!!!! Great suggestions guys!!!! SOOOO many variations on meals that I make and we enjoy-----you have sparked the foody imagination there and I will have fun tomorrow

THANK YOU!!!!
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by Roxanne 21 (WHOA!!!!! Great sug...)
We just slice it medium and make sandwiches with mustard and pickles, or with coleslaw, or BBQ sauce sandwiches--a vinegar sauce is perfect. So flexable.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by Old Bay (We just slice it med...)

I am looking at a recipe for Baked Pork Egg Rolls - made with left over pork

I haven't tried it yet but looks good.

has coleslaw mix , gr onions, cilantro, hoisin sauce - and baked

Let me know if you want recipe.

Marye.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Leftover pork roast by mjkcooking ([br]I am looking at ...)
That sounds intriguing, Marye......if and when you have the chance, I am very interested in the recipe.

Thanks in advance---