What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm torn - I saw/read(?) about a pepsi based batter fried shrimp dish that I'd like to play with, but the weather is so gorgeous, I hate not to grill. So, maybe I'll 'bake' a potato on the grill and make twice-baked potato with the last of the Sake smoked salmon (w/cream cheese, capers, red onion).

Also, found a couple recipes to play with the ramps/scapes. An aioli and a pesto. Might be good to top the b. tato with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Loved the wings yesterday Jean! Did not skewer them though - I forgot I threw out my skewers last time because they were just such a mess. Sheesh.

Tonight it's Tyler Florence's chicken and buttermilk-chive dumplings. It will give us some leftovers for lunch for a couple of days.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by Trixxee (Loved the wings yest...)
We've doing a beer can chicken, so will probably put some potatoes on the grill, too. Not sure what else.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by Mare749 (We've doing a beer c...)
Today it's grilled Tandoori chicken with leftover pineapple chutney from last nights dinner. Sesame rice cakes & asparagus as sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by losblanos1 (Today it's grilled T...)
PizzaI. Might as well start working on using up that leftover cheese...LOL! William is a happy camper!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by losblanos1 (Today it's grilled T...)
Quote:

Today it's grilled Tandoori chicken with leftover pineapple chutney from last nights dinner. Sesame rice cakes & asparagus as sides.

Blane, what's the recipe for the Tandoori? After trying the wonderful mix that Denise sent in my gift box, I've been wanting to try a from-scratch recipe for it. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Labs, here's the recipe. I hope it's what you're looking for. I've made this with before using the shrimp or using chicken, tonight I'm trying something new and grilling the chicken version (I usually pan fry per the recipe). The chutney is delicious.

[Image: img032.jpg]
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
LEFTOVERS!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by losblanos1 (Labs, here's the rec...)
Quote:

Labs, here's the recipe. I hope it's what you're looking for. I've made this with before using the shrimp or using chicken,...

Looks like a good base from which to start. In place of store-bought curry powder, I'll use my own, freshly ground blend, which will allow me to adjust it to the ingredients that were in the packaged mix.

Thanks!

Quote:

...tonight I'm trying something new and grilling the chicken version (I usually pan fry per the recipe). The chutney is delicious.

Since proper tandoori is done in a clay oven (i.e. tandoor), the grilling will probably be closer to the real thing, anyway. Enjoy!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner - 7/8?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sounds like you have lots of yummy leftovers to choose from, Bill!

Change of plan here. I forgot we had steak and corn leftover from last night. So I'll whip something up from that. Pizza is tomorrow night for sure, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.