Pizza ideas!
  Re: (...)
Tuesday, I found this website and knew I had to share with my pizza lover friends. I posted it in a dinner thread and decided it would be lost if I left it there. To make it easier to find later, I'm reposting it here. And again, for those who knew about the site before, shame on you for not sharing. There is much more interesting stuff here, aside from the pizzas...like the Beehive.

Jean, when I saw this, your name screamed in my head!

Beet, Carmelized Onion, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Wait, I jumped the gun...may as well share them all, because the next one was right up your alley, too! So here's the whole Pizza Slideshow

Also, when you click the last one, note there is a link to 7 more under the link to the Ear Pizza recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pizza ideas! by Gourmet_Mom (Tuesday, I found thi...)
And, with trepidation (sp?) - I will go check these out. What are we after, Pizza book #3??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by cjs (And, with trepidatio...)
Why not? LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Pizza ideas! by Gourmet_Mom (Tuesday, I found thi...)
Since we're going to grill our first pizza this Saturday, and I haven't gotten my Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! book yet, how about a nice recipe for a tomato sauce? I really don't want to purchase store-bought.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by BarbaraS (Since we're going to...)
Jean's Tomato Sauce

28 oz. tomatoes (canned or equivalent fresh..I use crushed)
2 T tomato paste
1/2 t each dried basil and oregano
1/4 t black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 T brown sugar
1 bay leaf
1 T olive oil
1/4 t cider vinegar

In medium sauce pan, combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, pepper, garlic, brown sugar and bay leaf. Gently simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. To thicken, stirring often.

Add the olive oil and vinegar and simmer for 20 minutes more.

Do you want the dough recipe?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean's Tomato Sauce[...)
Thanks Daphne! I'll try making my own dough later.

I'd like to use fresh tomatos for this, should I de-skin them?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by BarbaraS (Thanks Daphne! I'll...)
skin them? - that would be a personal preference. either is fine.

came back - Thanks Daphne, I think - good looking pizzas. Did you make the beet one?? We both drooled over that one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by cjs (skin them? - that wo...)
So how do you equate canned weight vs fresh produce? Do I buy about 2 lbs fresh tomatoes or what? I have to allow for watery evaporation. Maybe 3 lbs and see?

Barbara
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by BarbaraS (So how do you equate...)
I just kind of eyeball fresh vs. canned. There's what, about 5 or 6 tomatoes in a 28 oz. can - I'd go with 5 to 8, I guess.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza ideas! by cjs (I just kind of eyeba...)
Let's not forget Jean's "Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza." It's a masterpiece! Time to make that one again!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."