What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm hoping we can get back to 'normal' meals for a week or so until the next 'batch' of company. So, I'm grabbing the Carb Lover's book and see what's what.

Got a phone call from Laura last night, she booked a room at the Camas hotel which is connected to Scotty's restaurant. She was treated like royalty for her tasting menu dinner!! I'm so envious!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I've got zucchini, eggplant and squash, so grilled ratatouille is a given. The grilled potatoes were such a hit the other day, I'm going to do it again with sweet potatoes. Hamburger is on sale, so I'll throw a couple of burgers on the grill to finish off the meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got zucchini, e...)
So glad for Laura!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by Lorraine (So glad for Laura!!...)
Not set in stone but I think I'm going to make the parmesan crusted chicken again, this time on top of a salad (or for parmigiana).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by Trixxee (Not set in stone but...)
Well, I'm back in the groove of things, I think. Thawing right now if fridge -
chicken wings
beef roast slices (hash?)
beef rib bones
and, not thawing, but handy – 2/3 of batch of sourdough pizza dough.
decisions, decisions....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by cjs (Well, I'm back in th...)
Pork tenderloin with a pan mushroom sauce, broccolini and potato mash to suck up all those beautiful juices from the sauce. New recipe for us but sure sounds good!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by Roxanne 21 (Pork tenderloin with...)
Ended up making kind of a b*stardized version of a French Dip sandwich with the thawed roast. Sure a lot of grissle in the darn roast, so I'll probably grind up the rest and make some quasi-beef patties. good flavor tho.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by cjs (Ended up making kind...)
Hog Wings done two ways, one with a Chinese Sauce, the other Mexican. Tater Salad and corn Maque Choux. Strawberries and blueberries for dessert, but somehow, a container of Apple Fritters made it into the cart. I usually catch these things at checkout, but missed it. He's very happy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by Lorraine (Hog Wings done two w...)
Freezer diving has produce a wonderful and succulent package of hotdogs
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? by DFen911 (Freezer diving has p...)
From the new issue- Fajita burgers. Three down, two to go.