Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone
  Re: (...)
Issue #94, page 36

Wow! This is so delicious. I cooked this exactly as the recipe called out (except I used fresh spinach in lieu of frozen). The Boursin and Asiago cheeses are a must, do not omit either one. I served this with a simple Italian vinaigrette salad.

[Image: Chickencalzone.jpg]
  Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by losblanos1 (Issue #94, page 36[b...)
That looks great, Blane! I haven't looked at those recipes closely yet. Is the dough part of the recipe? Yours looks beautiful and flaky!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by Gourmet_Mom (That looks great, Bl...)
Thank you Daphne, the dough called out for the recipe is store bought. I got mine from Safeway, already thawed, ready to go. So easy.
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by losblanos1 (Thank you Daphne, th...)
I agree, Blane! We had those a week or two ago and they were wonderful!! My only problem was that my bottom crusts got pretty badly burned. It doesn't look like you had the same difficulty. Did you cook them on the grill?
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by karyn (I agree, Blane! We h...)
I have to thank you for your earlier comments on the recipe Karyn. I remember you had issues with the bottoms burning, so I put my pizza stone over two burners on medium-low flame, left the center burner unlit and had two burners on the other side of the grill at high flame, Kind of an indirect heating method. I let the grill warm up to 400 degrees and baked them for about 12 minutes. My wife who's not a huge fan of calzones loved these. I know I will be using the grill from now on for pizza, calzones etc...
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by losblanos1 (I have to thank you ...)
They look delish, is it a complex recipe? Please post if you get a minute
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by farnfam (They look delish, is...)
It's an easy recipe. I don't like the taste of frozen spinach, so I used fresh, a 5oz bag of baby spinach produced 1/3 cup.

[Image: img031.jpg]
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by losblanos1 (It's an easy recipe....)
Thanx, Blane!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by farnfam (Thanx, Blane! [img]/...)
gotta read this thread again later, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe review:Chicken, spinach & Artichoke Calzone by cjs (gotta read this thre...)
Now this looks YUM!!!! Will have to make my own dough and figure out the artichoke addition but it looks like a winner to me!! I will try to participate in the "party" but the timing may be off a bit.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy