Lorraine!
  Re: (...)
Are you guys okay? I just heard about the outages! What a terrible time for such widespread power outages with the temps in the triple digits! Let us know when you can!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Lorraine! by Gourmet_Mom (Are you guys okay? ...)
Quote:

Are you guys okay? I just heard about the outages! What a terrible time for such widespread power outages with the temps in the triple digits! Let us know when you can!

What Daphne said!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Shoot, I got to looking into this thing and it looks like Maryann, Linda, Barbara, and Theresa may be affected by this! There are said to be over 2 million without power and it could be a week to get everybody back on line. With this heat, this could get ugly.

Although, I think Barbara has been on since the storm last night. I had wondered about Maryann's silence today. She hasn't checked in since yesterday afternoon. It doesn't look good!

Check in as soon as you can you guys!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by Gourmet_Mom (Shoot, I got to look...)
I am just mentally in the dark - haven't seen TV so don't know about power outages. Guess I'll have to try to catch the morning news show.

But we are okay here, thanks for thinking about us!
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by iBcookin (I am just mentally i...)
I'm glad you're okay, Linda! The outages are spotty. I'm not sure exactly where you are, but outages are definitely showing on the map for the Lorraine, Maryann, and Theresa.

If Maryann hasn't checked in by the time I get home from church, I'll try calling her.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by Gourmet_Mom (I'm glad you're okay...)
I've been wondering also...Lorraine is usually on with me every morning. And, of course, Maryann is in and out everyday. Those storms and temperatures are just horrendous. Guess I'd better quit b*tching about the weather out/up here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by cjs (I've been wondering ...)
Hi everyone! Everything is fine in my neck of the woods. We went shopping in southern Ohio yesterday. It was hot and sunny all afternoon, so I was a bit confused when I overheard some people talking about losing power. It was late when we got home, so missed the news.

Hope we hear from Lorraine soon...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by Mare749 (Hi everyone! Everyt...)
This is just awful on top of everything that going on. I haven't had the TV on since Thursday so hadn't heard about any of this.
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by DFen911 (This is just awful o...)
Thank goodness! Good to see you're okay, Maryann!

Now to hear from Lorraine. I'm hoping they had a big catering gig and she hasn't had time to check in. I'll go check Theresa and Monica's FB pages to see if she was affected.

Update, Theresa has been active on FB in the past 18 hours, so I'm assuming they were not affected either.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lorraine! by Gourmet_Mom (Thank goodness! Goo...)
I'm back! Power was restored last night. On the way back from the winery Friday, the outside temperature in the van was reading a steady 108. The storm hit early evening and was the worst I've ever seen. The winds knocked down two power lines down the street from us, the road is still blocked, as the poles are still in the street. Power came back on early Sat morning, so we headed to the winery to prep. There was an event at the winery that afternoon, (we were not catering it), it was a drop off for 200 ppl,so we knew we would have the kitchen to ourselves. Not!! The caterer runs a restaurant in a major hotel, and the no power so he was bringing his whole crew in to prep at the winery. We decided to go back home and I could make my tarts and cakes etc there. Got home to no power again, it didn't come back on until last night. today will be clean up the yard day. Lots of trees / limbs everywhere. My plants, (in big earthenware pots) were blown all over the place and broken. But, we are ok, and all of that stuff can be replaced. We are lucky, many are still without power, and if they have well water, they have no water either. Two of our staff are coming here this morning to take showers before going to work. The forecast for the next few days is still over 100, with more thunderstorms expected. i did feel badly, I never did bake Gil a birthday cake. We bought Ice Cream bars instead.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.