OMG, The World Is Coming To An End!
  Re: (...)
Well Folks,

After I got the latest issue of C@H and showed the Hubby the Calzones on the grill (and we've never eaten a calzone), he went online and researched pizza stones.

Well we just came back from Kitchen Kapers (danger danger Will Robinson!) with an Emile Henry pizza stone and a piel (sp?). Of course, I couldn't go empty-handed so I picked up a swing bottle and some vanilla beans to do a vodka-based version of vanilla extract. Woohoo!

I'm going to go look through the recipe index to see what we can do next weekend, but if any of you have any grilled pizza recipes you particularly like, please post them. I did a search on this site, but the max results are 200 and that only takes me to January of this year! Lots of pizza dinners out there!

I can't believe my husband bought kitchenware for himself! This is a first!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by BarbaraS (Well Folks,[br][br]A...)
You could try what I'm having for dinner tomorrow !

I'll let you know how it turns out!

You could also purchase your very own copy of the famous, Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! Book! I'm sure Jean would be glad to help you get a copy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by Gourmet_Mom (You could try what I...)
Yes, I would, Daphne!!

Oh, you and hubby are going to have some fun this summer with grilled pizzas. They are great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by Gourmet_Mom (You could try what I...)
And what is this book that you speak of? Is it a C@H book?

Grilling pizza may actually lead me back to eating pizza. I do not like any of the commercial pizza chains, having been spoiled by my late aunt and uncle's pizzeria outside of Wilkes Barre when I was a kid. It all boils down to the crust. I see Wegmans makes a wheat pizza crust which I may use since I am a complete and utter failure at making dough and breads. For whatever reason, I can never get the dough to rise like the recipe calls for. But I do have a "Proof" setting in one of my ovens, so I may give Jean's recipe a go.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by BarbaraS (And what is this boo...)
Barbara, you are so right about the crust! If you like a good thin and crispy, you're going flip out over grilled pizza! And Jean's Herb dough is so good and easy, as is her marinara, I haven't tried the other doughs...LOL! I really should branch out.

Why, you know the author, Barbara! It's our very own Jean!!!!!!!! It's a great little book! Everything you ever wanted to know about making your very own pizzas! And stay tuned, Part Two will be out before you know it!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, you are so ...)
Barbara, I'll send you a p.m. re the pizza book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by cjs (Barbara, I'll send y...)
"Only five copies left"

So I ordered right away!

Barbara
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by BarbaraS ("Only five copies le...)
You're going to love it, Barbara! One of my favorite books!

How fun that your hubbie wanted a pizza stone and peel. Didn't used to have much luck myself until we all started using the 18 hr. no-knead recipe. It's been uphill ever since. And Jean's recipe for pizza dough is fool-proof!

The yeast you have may have been improperly handled during transport (too much heat) so try a fresh package. I bought some fast-rising yeast in a jar and it works great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by Mare749 (You're going to love...)
I agree with Maryann! You're gonna LOVE it!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OMG, The World Is Coming To An End! by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with Maryann...)
Thanks Maryann and Daphne!
www.achefsjourney.com